“It's just OK”

Dale's Southern Grill
Ranked #96 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife really likes the food here, but I feel like it's too plain. It definitely is southern food, but there is not a whole lot of flavor to all of their vegetables. They do have a wide variety of veggies, however, and their country fried steak is pretty good.

Overall, if you are looking for good southern food, there are better options out there.

1  Thank Daniel M
There are newer reviews for Dale's Southern Grill

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We first went with my sister who lives in Birmingham and recommended Dale's. But we learned quickly that it is one of our favorite Birmingham area restaurants. We have eaten at the Hwy 31 and Hwy 280 locations and found both good. I ordered a filet mignon, medium rare-medium, last time with hesitation since the price wasn't out of sight, It was the best I've had. Melt in your mouth flavor. They have many side choices which is nice for those who watch their weight. I usually get the fresh fruit. We reserved the private room (at no charge) another time for a family celebration. Service was excellent, attentive and food served in a timely manner.

1  Thank SeasonedALtraveler
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We found Dales totally by accident. Glad we did. While its nothing to rave about, our overall experience was very nice. I had turkey and dressing and my wife had chicken pot pie. The dressing was very good and homemade. Turkey while not fresh was tasty and moist. Fresh mashed potatoes a little over seasoned. Pot pie more of a chicken stew with a biscuit on top but she enjoyed. Service was stelar. Atmosphere very pleasant. Super clean.

1  Thank Bud M
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Oh my...what has happened to actual customer sevice? Our dinner came....I had ordered a well done steak, and of course it came rare. Poked and cut around on steak to find any part that was not rare.....finally sent steak back. OMgeez they sent back the same piece of steak all mangled up, instead of sending a new steak, which you would think that is what the chef would do. Of course I didn't eat it and the waitress asked why, and I told her that I just had expected a new steak, and so did she! There was no sorry from management, or free dessert, no discount on the check.....no nothing......really?? We won't be back, which is sad, as we do often eat here...

1  Thank NayNay603
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our Favorite place to eat. Great entree's, lots of southern veggies to choose from. Plenty of food too.