“Average Thai food, below average service”
Review of Surins Thai Bowl - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Surins Thai Bowl
Cuisines: Thai
Birmingham, Alabama
“Average Thai food, below average service”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The lunch special is cheap and plentiful with most items being und $10, but we weren't even offered beverages after we sat down. The busser brought water, but the waitress never asked if we wanted anything else. The silverware roll ups were missing at 2 of the places at our 4-top, and even when the food arrived, she didn't notice we didn't have anything to eat with. She left quickly and we had to wait and finally flag down the manager who happened to walk by and ask for the missing utensils. This was a business lunch, so it's difficult to interrupt conversations to get what is needed for the table.

Visited January 2014

Columbus, Mississippi
“Thai oh my!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love Surin's' three great locations and you can't go wrong at any one of these. Although my favorites, in order, are the 280, 5 points and lastly Crestline. Great menu with wonderful sushi and awesome Thai noodles and duck.

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Consistent”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was our 2nd visit and we will go back again. Great drinks, food, service and atmosphere. Fun to go with crowd or couple.

• Visited February 2013
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Unexceptional Thai pass this one by”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was recently teaching in this lovely city and went out to lunch at this restaurant that had very good ratings. I did not have the Sushi, so I cannot comment about that, but the Thai food was under average at best, I would rate it 2.5 out of 5. Spaghetti instead of Rice noodles ? Perhaps this is for customers unused to Thai food, but I found it really odd. When I asked the waiter about substituting a vegetable for the fried rice that came with lunch, I was told no substitutions I would have to pay extra for this. What I got was overcooked, unseasoned broccoli. The Thai chicken barbecue was insipid and did not taste like Thai food or like barbecue. I would not be interested in trying Surin again.

• Visited September 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Sushi!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Sushi was excellent, Island Martini was VERY tasty. Entree was good tasting, but not nearly as spicy as I expected from the description (two flames or peppers or whatever they used).

Visited February 2012