“loved it”

Satterfield's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Satterfield's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 974 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Briarwood Road
Description: Located in the heart of Cahaba Heights, Satterfield's offers the freshest and best ingredients, a friendly and knowledgeable staff, and an elegant ambiance-ensuring each guest has a memorable experience. Pastry Chef Becky Satterfield opened the restaurant in 2005 with the idea that fine dining doesn't have to be pretentious, but rather should be relaxing for each guest with every possible detail attended.
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Sat at chef's counter and watched and chatted with cooks... food was beautifully presented and delicious..

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Was fortunate to eat at this Birmingham favorite a couple of times in the last two months and throughly enjoyed the experience where the menu can best be described as "upscale American". Both times I ordered seafood which was cooked perfectly and paired with the delicious "set ups". The service was excellent with a well informed and properly trained wait staff. The atmosphere is white tablecloth and adorned with great art from a local artist. You can't go wrong here.

2  Thank cgall92016
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My first time at this restaurant. I had maybe the best red snapper dish I have ever had. It was served with wild mushroom and asparagus. We did not have reservations but our hotel suggested it and made us reservations. I would have not gone here without their suggestion because it is a little off the main areas. I am really glad I did. The service was outstanding. Our desert was a Benet with fresh peaches and vanilla ice cream. My wife are not desert eaters but, it did not last long. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any one and it will be my first choice when I am back in town.

1  Thank CapeSanBlas06
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you haven't eaten here you should. It is fine dining right in Cahaba Heights. I have never been disappointed. Enjoy.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This wasn't my first time at Satterfield's, my wife and I are regulars here and always sit at the chef's counter to give the guys in the kitchen a hard time and enjoy the fantastic food always.

We brought my mother here for Mother's Day this year, and everything was absolutely top notch. Cocktails through dessert, everything was spot on and the service was attentive and timely without being overbearing or interrupting (which I find to be a balance many servers fail to find). So definite tip of the cap to Lucky for the fantastic service.

Overall I would recommend Satterfield's to anyone looking for a fantastic meal, whether it's for a special occasion or just because you are in the mood for a great meal. It isn't cheap, but the quality and attention to detail are more than worth it in my opinion.