“Great for special occassion”

Satterfield's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Satterfield's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 974 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Briarwood Road
Description: Located in the heart of Cahaba Heights, Satterfield's offers the freshest and best ingredients, a friendly and knowledgeable staff, and an elegant ambiance-ensuring each guest has a memorable experience. Pastry Chef Becky Satterfield opened the restaurant in 2005 with the idea that fine dining doesn't have to be pretentious, but rather should be relaxing for each guest with every possible detail attended.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

It's pricey, but food is over the top incredible! Wait staff was competent, not super friendly. Food definitely speaks for itself. Main dining room can be noisy, especially if they have live music.

1  Thank Jim H

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a very nice dinner the other night... Hubby had the filet and I had the pork, both were fantastic... Nice selection of wines, very attentive staff. I even had flowers on the table thru an arrangement they have with local florist. Even the salad I had was wonderful the lettuces were so tinder and had just the right balance of fruilt and cheeses with it.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family took me here for dinner. It was the first visit for all of us, even though we had planned several times to go. How sad that we missed all those marvelous meals!

This time we each ordered something different and everyone loved what they got. We all ate every bite.

It is pricey but well worth it.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Satterfield's has delicious cuisine. The average entree price was in the $30 range, but the food was good. My favorite part of the meal was the before dinner cocktails. We ordered off of their specialty menu. I had a drink made with blood orange which was light and refreshing and my husband had the aged oak manhattan which had a pleasant smooth oak flavor. The cheese plate was a nice sharable appetizer with four different cheeses ranging from mild to strong with fruit, spreads, and nuts. Our entrees were also good, but not as memorable as the starters. The only drawback to the meal was how lively the restaurant was. It was difficult to hear the people at our table at times.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I took another couple here recently and A) the service was poor, B) the food was average, and C) it's one of the most expensive meals I've ever paid for, ever, and we eat out allot. For the four of us which included one bottle of over-priced wine, the bill was $257.00 (that's $64.25/each). Besides, the portions were small and as mentioned, average. The required valet parking is another rip-off. If you enjoy being overcharged, please go there; you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank jrhllc42