“LITTLE SAVANNAH”

Little Savannah Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Savannah Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 954 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street South
Birmingham, Alabama
“LITTLE SAVANNAH”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

LOVE THIS RESTAURANT. A casual atmosphere with bar and patio in back but also in the front room where you might have a party, they do FARM FRESH DINNERS monthly with the menu changing depending on the featured produce. We have had some incredible experiences here. The food is incredible.

Visited March 2012

Macon, Georgia
“An odd way to find a great restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Happy that circumstances led me here as it was great. I was set to visit another restaurant two blocks from my hotel but oddly when I entered there was no one there, no customers, no staff. After a minute of waiting I left. Then, I went to a second choice and the place was boarded up, closed, out of business. So, I found this one and I was thankful the other two did not work out. Parking can be a challenge but not bad. A reservation is probably best but I was promptly seated without one. Fried oysters, ribeye and a great wine. A perfect meal. Grilled okra with the steak. It is expensive but worth it.

• Visited July 2012
Talladega, Alabama
“Great dinner in a casual atmosphere”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We made a reservation online for dinner to celebrate our anniversary and mentioned that fact in the reservation. No mention was made by hostess or staff We had a great dinner- fresh fish and chicken and each enjoyed a different dessert. We weren't familiar with a lot of the white wines on their wine list, but the waitress checked with the bartender who suggested one based on our usual choices. After we were totally done the waitress asked if we would like a free glass of champagne- not after a whole bottle of wine! Just a candle in the dessert would have been great. Atmosphere is casual chic.

• Visited June 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“Ideal Private Party Place”
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

The owners (the Holts's) agreed to open on their normally closed Monday for our private party. When we got there to set up, Maureen Holt said "set up the space however you want". We did and the flow of our private reception was perfect. Food presentation and taste was terrific and enjoyed by all our guests. The bartender doesn't smile but she makes a terrific Spicey Peach Margarita. Staff was efficient and effective but perfectly invisible throughout the party. Our guests were pleased to either be back or finally having the opportunity to try the place. We were very pleased with our overall experience and highly recommend Little Savannah.

Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Always A Fantastic Meal!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I recently started traveling to Birmingham for business and someone recommended this jewel. This is the sort of place where you can order anything, because the offerings are so well-planned and brilliantly executed. Everything on the plate is there for a reason, in just the right proportions, and it comes together marvelously to the very last bite. Even the most seemingly-simple things are out-of-this-world; I had the most amazing slaw with fennel with my pork loin.

Friends I've taken with me to Little Savannah rave as much as I do--twice they have spoken about the meal for a day or two after we ate.

If you have the good fortune of visting when Emily is working, make sure to ask for her table; all of the staff is friendly and helpful, but Emily has earned my complete faith and trust. I love to read the menu, but I always defer to her recommendation. She has never steered me wrong!