“Ideal Private Party Place”

Little Savannah Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Savannah Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street South
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The owners (the Holts's) agreed to open on their normally closed Monday for our private party. When we got there to set up, Maureen Holt said "set up the space however you want". We did and the flow of our private reception was perfect. Food presentation and taste was terrific and enjoyed by all our guests. The bartender doesn't smile but she makes a terrific Spicey Peach Margarita. Staff was efficient and effective but perfectly invisible throughout the party. Our guests were pleased to either be back or finally having the opportunity to try the place. We were very pleased with our overall experience and highly recommend Little Savannah.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I recently started traveling to Birmingham for business and someone recommended this jewel. This is the sort of place where you can order anything, because the offerings are so well-planned and brilliantly executed. Everything on the plate is there for a reason, in just the right proportions, and it comes together marvelously to the very last bite. Even the most seemingly-simple things are out-of-this-world; I had the most amazing slaw with fennel with my pork loin.

Friends I've taken with me to Little Savannah rave as much as I do--twice they have spoken about the meal for a day or two after we ate.

If you have the good fortune of visting when Emily is working, make sure to ask for her table; all of the staff is friendly and helpful, but Emily has earned my complete faith and trust. I love to read the menu, but I always defer to her recommendation. She has never steered me wrong!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The place had a nice, cosmopolitan atmosphere on a Friday night. The menu was well thought out and my colleagues and I all enjoyed the food. I was glad to have had the chance to try the restaurant and it really deserves its accolades. I must say though that their signature cocktails were fairly unusual and I would stick myself to the wine list (which was quite well thought out) in future.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I'd heard so much about this restaurant and was very excited to try it. I planned on getting the shrimp and grits and ended up being seduced by the special. Maybe it would have been better if I had stuck with my original plan. My husband wasn't wowed with his food either. For the price, I expect fantastic food, not just ok or fine. May try it one more time, all the hype makes me think maybe we hit an off night?

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We always enjoy our visits here. The menu keeps changing, the choices are always interesting , and i have yet to have a bad meal or bad service. They use locally grown produce whenever possible, and offer a wide variety of game meats , fish and wonderful salads and appetizers. Its in my top three restaurants in town.