“Amazing Tacos!”

Cantina
Ranked #128 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Cuban, Mexican
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the best place to get a vegi taco in Birmingham. I have yet to have anything bad, and the margaritas are good too!

There are newer reviews for Cantina

Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Pepper Place location makes this a great place for people watching and the food is good also. Authentic Mexican with a great Cilantro Chciken.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Food is pretty good. The atmosphere out on the patio is really enjoyable. Good place to go have a drink during happy hour.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

My son in law had my daughters birthday party at Cantina's and there were probably 50 people there thus the noisy atmosphere. The service as good and they kept up with the crowd in bringing out the food. Would go back and recommend.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

My husband and I were headed to eat at Bettola's in the Pepper Place area and instead decided to try Cantina's since we hadn't been there before. My husband got the Cuban with garlic home fries and I got the chicken taco and the carne asada taco. My husband was not impressed with his Cuban in the least- there was barely any meat, it wasn't flavorful- he didn't even eat it all. He didn't care for the home fries, but I really liked them. I did not like either one of my tacos and I gave them to my husband to eat and he didn't care for them either. For $3.25 a pop, I would've expected more flavor and more meat. I was hoping for a "street food" style taco, but instead got a skimpy unoriginal taco. We left feeling like we wasted our money and didn't even get our stomach's full. The staff was nice, the wait wasn't very long, and we enjoyed eating outside, but when I go to a restaurant, I want good food first and foremost!