“Best sushi in Birmingham.”

Ginza Sushi Bar & Korean BBQ
Ranked #382 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place always has delicious sushi. I've never had a roll that I didn't like, and I've tried just about everything on the menu. And the head sushi chef is very friendly and is very helpful to you if you want to try something new. I love this place. I never go anywhere else for sushi!

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Still our favorite after many years. Sushi best in town, no competition. Noted comments in other reviews about service. Wait staff is much improved.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I confess, I am a sushi-holic. It's delicious and heart friendly. Ginza is my restaurant of choice. Don, the lead sushi chef, prepares a gorgeous plate of delicious food. He also learns very quickly the tastes of his customers. With very little input from me he will prepare my meal. Some of the menu highlights, beyond the usual fish and rolls, include monkfish liver and a spicy Korean seafood salad. The monkfish liver is rich and creamy. So rich that a small serving will usually suffice. The spicy Korean seafood salad is large enough to be a meal. Fish and other seafood are served over a bed of lettuce and shredded daikon. This is topped with a spicy red sauce that is just sweet enough. Another sushi favorite is the chirashi. Betond the sushi bar the Korean BBQ is good, especially if you aren't expecting anything like southern, hickory smoked BBQ. John and Jane, the owners, work very hard to ensure that customers enjoy their experience.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Each time we have visited (since they opened), it has been wonderful. Our first choice is sushi, but it is all fantastic.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Delicious fresh, traditional Korean food with a great sushi bar. Very cool decor, great service in a very good location. One of the best gems in Birmingham, give it a try!