“Overnight stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Auburn
“Overnight stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This stay was about what I would expect from a Days Inn. The biggest complaint I have is that this is the ONLY hotel experience I have had where I have requested an early check in time, and been refused. I requested it at the time I reserved the room as well as the morning of my arrival when I called ahead and was informed that "check in time was 3:00pm". Not sure if this is standard practice for a Days Inn, but was very off putting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay and am sad to know that we
were unable to check you in before 3pm.Because MOSTLY we sell a LOT OF ROOMS
and many days hardly have a room available till some one checks out till 11am and
between laundry and cleaning few rooms it takes about 3pm.
HOW EVER I PROMISE IF WE HAVE ROOMS AVAILABLE GUESTS ARE WELCOME
TO CHECK IN EARLIER ANY TIME.
Sincerely Saby Chander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Make sure the staff respect their jobs and appreciate every guest whom is checking in to a Distinguish Hotel as Days Inn. Days Inn has been around for ages and I do not think that they got their business off of poor customer service and louzy business. I am very hurt mentally and emotionally about my last stay at this particular hotel. I will be a while or if I ever come back. When I experienced my issue no one wanted to appologize for the incident because, they felt by doing so it meant they were wrong!!!! After, spending numerous nights at this location, I couldnt get a simple appology. For having blood stains on a unsanitary bed sheet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience.I was trying to figure out why the
hotel security was escorting the guest out.She had cut marks on her hand and arms
and blaming housekeeping for fresh blood on her sheets and making loud gestures
at front desk.
Still we appologize 1000 times for what ever has caused this to the guest and pray
she gets well with OUR APPOLOGIES ON BEHALVE OF DAYS INN BIRMINGHAM.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I walk into the hotel a walked into an awful fool smelling place. The desk clerk was very nice but, she seemed not all there. The rooms are piss poor I asked to be transferred to another room then I get an upgrade as I was informed but, it wasn't an upgrade unless you call a room the smelled like a cat sprayed it an upgrade. Then I went to the pool there was no towels there. The breakfast I was told was god awful but, I did get a phone call in my room telling me that I won a free night but I was told it was a scam the manager told another guest so I'm never staying here again. So my over all stay here was messed up I hope they close this location down and everyone gets a real wake up call because I never felt like I was going to be killed in my sleep until I stayed there. Please someone tell me is this the new standard of hotels now a days!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am sad to know about your stay and am trying to understand how to tell ALL WORLD
HOTEL GUESTS "Please do not give PERSONAL INFO" on phone to any one without
making sure who is on the other end no matter what they say." LOTS OF STRANGE
PEOPLE CALL HOTELS AND JUST DAIL ROOM # AND GET LUCY with a talking guest.
Please be aware this is now HIGH TECH GENERATION.
However we have removed our phone from auto mode and now someone will have to ask
room # by name.
We did treat those rooms with good smell to remove pet odour.
Troy, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Horrible is an understatement. Upon arrival we were given keys to a room and told to park near door 3 because it would be closer to the room. We went in and there is a stench. We got on the elevator and there is a musty smell. Got to the room and it wasn't all bad. Until we realized the patio door wouldn't close or lock.

We packed up our stuff went back to the front desk to tell them and was told that we were supposed to put a STICK in it to keep it closed. Unacceptable. So they gave us keys to room #2. We walked through the hotel and along the baseboards on the walls were like 50million ants. The whole hotel smelled moldy. When we finally reached the room, it was dark & musty. I started looking up alternative hotels on my phone, because we were not trying to stay.

We went back down to the front desk and told them we could OT stay in that room either and she was going to give us a smoking room. My friend was there for medical testing we told her that a smoking room and all the stinky rooms they tried to give us were unacceptable. So she gave us a key and told us to try this third room. Brightly lit and no smells. I wondered who they saved this room for normally. It was super clean and had no issues. So we decided to stay.

I need some consistency...but for the most part, though we ended up with a decent room, this place sucks!!!

Room Tip: If you have to stay, complain until they make it right.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking time to explain us about your stay.You must have asked for the cheapest
room in the hotel and complained your way to get the Business Upgraded Room for the
cheapest economy room price.We appologize for your inconvenience and you deserved
the Upgrade.Please we are not a HOLIDAY INN but the 2nd Best as DAYS INN.
We promise to provide THE BEST VALUE UNDER THE SUN.
sicily
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This is an older hotel. Kind of run down. Needs tlc. Halls and rooms smell stale. Pool was nice and area has lots of food, stores, etc. Some questionable guests but I didn't feel unsafe. Would I stay again? In a pinch and if I was low on funds.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for letting us know about your stay and i do accept that this is an older hotel
that have been rennovated 90 percent and still contant TENDER LOVING CARE is
needed and soon rest of it will also get in complition of the rennovation.We suggest
try NEW BUSINESS king or Queen rooms....They cost little bit more but have new
mattress,new carpet and many new things and even flat screen TV.
How ever we promise to provide The Best Value Under The SUN.
Thank You For your support.