“Days Inn Birmingham” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Simpson, LA
“Days Inn Birmingham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Days Inn for one night on our way home from vacation. The hotel is very nice, on the side of a small mountain. Our room was nice with a small balcony and view of the pool. The room had a small coffeemaker, fridge, also a hair dryer and ironing board and iron which was a pleasant surprise since it seems like these days you always have to go to the front desk to get one to use. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was relatively quiet. We could occasionally hear noise from the hallway or adjoining rooms, but the sounds were very muffled and didn't disturb us. The gentleman at the front desk told me upon check-in that there was hot breakfast served in the morning, but I didn't expect it to be so nice! The breakfast area was very large with many tables and chairs. Breakfast consisted of cereal, milk, fruit, bagels, muffins, danishes, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy, biscuits, coffee, milk and a few juice choices. There was also a staff member on hand who was keeping an eye on everything and keeping the food replenished.
There are also a couple of restaurants within walking distance and many more within a half mile of the hotel. Check in and check out were both very fast. Overall a positive experience!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
daysinn_vh, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Days Inn for your recent stay

We appreciate your responses thank you for taking your time out to do that.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at the Days Inn.

Office Supervisor
Ms. Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I wanted to express my appreciation for the superior service I received during my stay at the (1485 Montgomery Hwy. Birmingham, AL.) The Hotel is conveniently located to the Interstate, my job and not far from an area that offers many choices for dining and shopping. The lobby was nice and clean. The employees very friendly, helpful, and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service. My room was clean and quiet. I enjoy the free breakfast in the mornings.

Elaine

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for your positive reveue.Many guests tell us that we do a great job at check out
but rarely they take time to write it down.Once again thank you for taking time to write
your comments.
Cleveland, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

this was the worse hotel we had ever stayed in bugs were every where water bugs wasps ants spiders some big enough you could put a saddle on and ride room was dirty the restraunt they say is on property is out of business shame on you days inn

Room Tip: this place is ancient look for newer built hotels
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
So thank you for taking time to write your reveue.We are now in spring season and have started
to paint and renovate the hotel.Every Day In Every Way We Are Making The Hotel Better and Better.When you come next time you will see a whole lots more Better than before.
Dallas, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stay in this Hotel in Birmingham, AL and it was the worst Quiltiy Inn (1485 Montgomery Hwy. Birmingham, AL) I have every stayed in. If it was not for other Hotel being book becasue of Soccer and Softball tournament I would have not stayed.I was their for a Soccer Tournament and our team stayed not by choices. Very unclean, rusty water, No Micwaves, refig. Ceiling Leaked, cochroaches, pubic hair on the totile, around the totile was not clean. And found out that after we checked out that they was suppose to be rentavent the 5th and 6th floor. The outside looks nice, but the rooms are a different story. We left one bad hotel for another. The one we had booked was not safe of 13yr. girls. So we had to fine another one in a hurry. But I can say it was very clean rooms. If I had to do it again I would take my chance at the other hotel. Not this Quality Inn..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
The soccer team requested 20 rooms at a very short notice.I told them that our 6th floor is being rennovated is not complete, however the rooms are rentable.

All the other team group members left happy except for this one lady. She was very upset with THE OTHER HOTEL but it seems despite our efforts, we could not make her happy. We did our best to accomodate the group on a short notice on a very busy night.

She did not report to the front desk any issues. Our staff would have addressed
her concerns by sending housekeeping or other staff or even changed her room if necessary.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

II recently stayed at this hotel. The hotel is not bad. It's clean, quiet, but the rooms are tiny and tight with very little waking space within private rooms; well my room was. I plan to stay again ans again as long as it's very clean, quiet, and have people working there with the same GREAT hospitality I recieved on thiis visit. I don't know what's important to everyone looking for a place to rest his/her head, but for me, the most important is kindness and good service from staff. That's what I got at this Hotel; so, I was able to get a good night sleep and a quality, hot, b'fast in a spacious dinning area. OH, they also have a pretty outdoor pool that's not covered up. I guess because trees are at ample distance from it.

Deborah

Room Tip: Many rooms have walk on patios with pool views.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
daysinn_vh, Manager at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review this property. Thank you for your kind words for the facilities and the hospitality of the staff. In regards to the size of the rooms, please allow me to state that like most hotels, we have several different room types. Our Double rooms with two double beds are quite roomy. I aasure you that if you book the Double rooms, you will not be disappointed. Once again, we thank you.
Management
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

The employees were very friendly and my room was nice and clean.

Room Tip: Great value for a hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Thank you for your positive feed back.We get good comments at front desk but very seldom they take time to write good stuff.....Once again thank you very much and looking forward to serve you next time.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

The people that worked at the hotel were so friendly but we got a room a mile away from the front and on the 6th floor. Some of the room numbers were written in sharpie. The elevator inspection expired August 2011. Everything felt as if it had a slime coating on it. I'm not sure if the fact that it is SO out dated makes it look dirty or if it is really just filthy. The walls are paper thin and you can even hear people whispering (sorry to whoever was next to us when our 3 alarms went off at 4:00am) the whole night I couldn't shake a feeling that something was crawling all over me. We certainly wont make the mistake of staying there again.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
qualityinnbirmingham, Webmaster at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for saying that you found the people working at the hotel to be very friendly. I would have expected nothing less from them, but that is always nice to hear.

• Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Staff members received our commendation on the courteous, friendly way in which they treated you, our valued guests.

• Management was approached about your report that the elevator inspection had expired some four months before the date of your review.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.