“Updated?...Yes!!”

Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview
Ranked #19 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel has been totally updated. The rooms look new and were clean. Management and staff were very friendly and professional. Would recommend as a convenient place to stay for a shopping weekend or driving over to Oak Mountain State Park.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce P
Beth J, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Bp8790,

Thank you for the opportunity to host your stay in the Birmingham area. Your positive feedback is very important to the management and staff. We share all reviews with the staff in our daily meetings, success stories bring smiles to our faces. If you return to Birmingham we would love to be your lodging choice.

Best regards.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great- free- breakfast daily. Rooms are nice, spotless, comfortable bedding. Equipped with microwave and restaurant. Close to great restaurants and shopping. Very safe area. We have already booked to stay here again this year.

• Stayed: November 2012
Beth J, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear RSavell,

Thank you for taking the time to provide great feedback for our hotel. We love to hear from our guests. I will share with our team this success story by reading your review in our daily morning meeting. We look forward to hosting your stay for the Polar Express this year. Thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This clean, quiet and well located hotel is located just a few blocks from summit shopping. The staff is beyond friendly, helpful and courteous. The food at the mini Starbucks is great. My daughter is attending UAB so i will be back again when I visit her.

• Stayed: August 2013
Beth J, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Mom-on-the-journey,

Thank you for providing such great feedback from your stay. It is only through our guest's feedback that we grow stronger. It's great to share the success stories with our team.

We look forward to hosting future stays during your daughter's college years.

PS I love your name.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We came to Birmingham to tour a winery and decided to spend the night so we chose the Courtyard at Colonndade. Our room was updated and very nice. It is in a very nice area close to the Summitt and some nice resturants. The only complaint that we have is our room was facing Interstate 459 so it was very noisy with lots of traffic all night long. So if you stay here, ask for a room on the other side. All the staff, especially Jeff at the front desk were very nice and polite.
Thanks,
Cindy

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cindy S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel feedback from your stay. The hotel does have one side exposed to the interstate. Thesse rooms have a second window covering designed to block out sound. If you would like to follow up with your room information or dates of stay, I would love the opportunity to check the room you stayed in to see if the barier has been compromised. My sincere apologies for the interuption to your sleep.

We share all feedback with our associates in our daily meetings, Jeff will be acknowledged for providing great customer service. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The front desk receptionist Ms. Andrea was truly outstanding! She was very courteous and greeted myself as well as other customers with a beautiful smile. Her knowledge of the property as well as her initiative of going over and beyond her job scope made my stay a true delight. I would refer this hotel to anyone. If I am ever in the area again I will definitely be staying here! Thank you Ms. Andrea and Marriott!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Quinton B,

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback for our Guest Service Associate. We love to recognize a job well done and we take our customer reviews serious. Your comments will be shared with all of our associate.

Please let us know if we can assist you in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The room was great and the bed was really comfortable. I was disappointed that the pool was closed. I had to request more towels for the room, but it was not a problem getting them. Nice place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Chad T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback for our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also happy that you have allowed us to look at ourselves from the guests perspective. Our pool opening is within days now and we absolutely cannot wait. If you are in the Birmingham area again we would love to host your stay.
Our staff in The Bistro has been working on ways to cut down on time spent for those ordering only coffee.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

A good bit of the hotel has already been renovated. Decent lobby and rooms. Although I would suggest getting a room away from the extremely loud Interstate. Our room had a small balcony with dual glass doors to minimize the noise so it wasn't too bad with the fan on low.
Fourth floor room had plenty of AC power to fight a hot and muggy day outside.

My only complaint was the indoor pool was closed. No mention of that on the website or through the discount bidding website that I used (you know which one). Real bummer for my young kids.
Also the line was extremely long in the morning just to buy a cup of coffee. I left after a few minutes. I guess I am spoiled with the other chains that have free 24 hour hot coffee in the lobby.
Hey I am a big believer that you get what you pay for. Considering the price I paid, I can overlook this stuff for one night in a mostly comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Get a room opposite I-459 if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Beth J, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Chad J,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your experiences with our hotel. My apologies for the pool. I have children and understand your frustration. We have been e-mailing all of our arrivals to let them know that our pool is still under renovation however, the discount sites where you prepay for your reservations does not share guests information with the hotels, so we have no contact information until you arrive. We offer to assist with reservations for another Marriott hotel in the area.

We are excited about our new bistro which opened during your stay. It features great Starbucks drinks. The lines were long as our new associates adjusted to the needs of our actual guests vs. the training world. As for the free coffee we do offer coffee in your room and are happy to supply you with extra packets if needed.

I hope to have the opportunity to host your stay in Birmingham in the future.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss your stay. We only grow through our guests feedback.