Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn(Birmingham)
$84
ComfortInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$72
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$76
$140
$134
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$129
$110
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
Hotels.com
$100
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfront deskindoor poolroom was cleannice propertysummit mallhome away from homelobby areaa wonderful staywould stay here againstaff was very friendlyi highly recommend this hoteleasy accessbistrochristyelfconveniencesofa
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for a convention for a weekeknd. Although it is about 7 miles away from the convetion center, this Courtyard is clean, convenient to the highway. They have a cafe plus they also have free internet. The rooms are lovely and decorated very nice. Its like my home away from home. Recomended and will probably use again on my next convention in Birmingham.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Scott S, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind remarks, and thank you for staying with us. I would like to let you know that your home away from home is going to have a makeover! Yes, we are due for a renovation starting early January. Our scheduled completion date is early April. Please come and visit us once we are completed with our new look.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Based on some reviews, I was pleasantly surprised.

My only issue was talking to Stacy a few hours before our group of 8 was scheduled to arrive. She informed me that I had cancelled a room. When I told her I had not, she said someone in my group did and that they were booked - no more rooms. I told her that was impossible because on the cancellation date she gave me, I had not told anyone in my group where the reservations were. I told her that I received confirmation by email and asked why I did not get a cancellation request. She said I did not request an email for the cancellation - really? I told here that I prepaid for the room and they had already been charged to my credit card so why would I cancel? I asked her to help me and work with me - that I had 8 friends arriving by car and plane from Ga, NC, and SC. She said there was nothing she could do - the hotel was booked and cots could not be placed in the rooms because of fire codes.

I asked to speak with her manager - Scott I think. I gave him the reservation number of the cancelled room and he quickly realized the name had been transferred from me to another group member. Why Stacy could not figure this out, I do not know. She had zero desire to help me while Scott went all out. Maybe that is why Scott is the manager. I rated service a 3 which is 1 for Stacy and 5 for Scott.

Sleep quality was OK - the beds seemed a little soft but doable.

Our room was clean and spacious - no complaints. Another in our group had a dirty bathroom and they were comped breakfast each day.

The location was good for us. We were playing golf at several courses and it was as good as we could ask for to courses, restaurants, etc.

Value was good but we prepaid for a lower rate.

I would stay here again with the guys but I would do my best not to deal with Stacy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Scott S, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for the feedback, we review these comments often and any opportunities use them as a training tool. Thank you for staying with us, I remember your situation and so glad we cleared that out for you. I hope you had a great golf outing! The next time you are in the area for another golf trip please come check out our new look as we will be renovated by next May. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, we appreciate your patronage. We know you have a choice, and could choose to stay elsewhere, so thank you.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

First, lets get it out of the way, there are hundreds of cookie cutter courtyards all over the country that look exactly alike and this is one of them. Once you walk in, you could be anywhere because in the name of standardization, the environment by default will get a little stale. This property is showing its age a little and could use some minor updating, but given that - it was a typical courtyard. It was clean and neat and the folks were friendly especially the ladies who work the morning buffet. The bed was comfortable and room was sufficient. Internet here is still hard wired which isn't bad (and actually a bit faster) but be sure and bring your Ethernet cable or you may have to use an air card.

Generally the main reason you choose a hotel of this nature is due to the location and convenience that it may give you. This one is close to the Colonnade complex, the Summit shopping district and the 280 southern corridor. Thus it is very accessible to just about everything south of downtown. If you are planning on working etc in the downtown area you should stay someplace else.

Odds and ends: Other competing hotels in this area with the same price points are the Hampton Inn, Drury Inn, and a Sheraton. So depending on your loyalty you have some options. This hotel is a little hard to find as it is hidden behind some office complexes, but once you find it you would have no trouble.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RC30319
Scott S, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

We thank you for choosing to stay with us, and appreciate the feedback. We want to let you know that we are scheduled for a renovation early next year to the new look to our lobby and rooms. When you are back in the Birmingham area, we hope you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My recommendation would be not to stay until their renovations are done. Musty, out of date rooms and accommodations. No wifi in the room. Very disappointed overall and not what I expected from a Courtyard property. The only feature that was nice (although expected these days) was the flat screen tv.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I want to thank you for staying with us and also providing the feedback. We are scheduled for a renovation early next year and we hope you return and give us another try with our new look.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. The room was alright nothing special. It had a stale smell throughout the whole hotel. After we checked out we got home realized that they had charged us an extra $80. I tried calling to resolve it and the lady at the front Kacey was EXTREMELY rude! She pretty much said it had nothing to do with them and could not help me. She got an attitude with me and refused to let me speak to the manager. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. I will never return here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple