“second stay.”

Sonesta ES Suites Birmingham
Ranked #43 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is our second stay here, and we will be back because of the location. We've not been upgraded so far, but do use the government rate, so the price is right. Our grandkids who live here in Birmingham love the pool which is always clean. The staff here are great.
The rooms seem pretty beat up, and really could use a remodel. I always ask for an upper unit because the floors seem flimsy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
JohnReaganRIGM, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hello Jba38002,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to see that you are a repeat guest and enjoyed our sparkling clean pool. We take great pride in the product we offer. We appreciate your feedback and the issues you experienced with our guest rooms will be used as a training opportunity as we continue to improve. We have many new updates coming to our guest rooms in the near future. I am sure you will be impressed and hope you will be back to see the improvements. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to my staff about the service they provide. Once again, thank you for staying that the Residence Inn Birmingham Inverness.

John.reagan@marriott.com

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

A great place for my family and I to stay. We appreciate the military discount. As a father of five, I enjoyed the lay out of the loft room and overall property design. We used the pool and enjoyed the free drinks, popcorn, and HOT dinner on-site. I also liked the basketball court. I would recommend this facility for anyone for any purpose.

• Stayed: August 2013

Greetings cboyddad,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. The staff and I really enjoy hearing from our guests. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed our spacious two bedroom penthouse. We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you are in town.

John.reagan@marriott.com

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We had to get family together for some medical things in Birmingham and the complications of keeping kids was challenging. The Residence Inn was a good solution. More like apartments than hotel rooms. We had space, sleeping accommodations, and good service at a very fair price. The property is a bit dated but it worked well for us.

• Stayed: July 2013
JohnReaganRIGM, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Mikebaer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our staff loves getting feedback from our guest. I am glad we were a perfect fit for your family. Our rooms are 50% larger than most hotel rooms and as you indicated do give you room to be productive and relax at the same time. I hope the children in your group got to take advantage of our pool, sports court, and sand volleyball court. I am sure it kept them occupied if they did. Once again, that you for staying at the Residence Inn Birmingham Inverness. We hope to see you next time you are in town!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Some of my associates and I were traveling to one of our sister companies for meetings and had our assistant make reservations at a marriott property near our offices, and unfortunately she picked this hotel. Now I have to state that I am a Huge Marriott Fan, but for this review, I would suggest you spend your time and money at another Marriott property like we did.

We showed up around noon to check in for the day, and we were told that there were no rooms, so we went to lunch and came back to find that again there were no rooms. We managed to get 1 room that we could change clothes in, only to find a number of dead bugs on the floor in a "clean" room. Needless to say, we got back in the truck and headed for the meetings, and I proceeded to call the Marriott Courtyard near by to see if they had rooms. We were in luck, they moved us to the hotel, canceled our reservations, and we ended up having a nice night at the Courtyard.

Part of our party ended up staying at the Residence Inn only to have the police show up a couple of times to tone down the graduation parties that were going on.. Wont be heading back to that hotel.

Room Tip: book at a different hotel for a better room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
JohnReaganRIGM, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear JimL,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback will help us improve. I am sorry for the issues you had with checking in. We always do our best to accommodate early check-ins. I am sorry we failed in your case. I am glad to hear that you are a Huge Marriott Fan, and we hope that you would be willing to come back and give us another try. I want to assure you that what you experienced during your time with us is not typical. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you next time you are in Birmingham

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in a Penthouse Suite, as we've done at other Residence Inns. Rooms were very clean. Can't give a great review on the beds.....they just weren't comfortable. The front desk staff members were, always, so very pleasant -- made us feel very welcomed! Complimentary breakfasts were tasty and varied from day-to-day. Even though we were just there on Friday through Monday, we were told there are complimentary dinners Monday through Thursday nights. Sorry we missed those! I would stay here again....just wish the beds were better (mine was lumpy!)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear JasperCharly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass your compliments of superior staff service along to my team members. Your feedback is the best way for us to improve our service and product. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Birmingham. We hope you will get to experience our socials events in the evening next time around. They are fantastic. Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Birmingham Inverness

Reviewed March 22, 2013

There is nothing I could find to complain about! We will definitely stay here again. It is on the southeast side of Birmingham and that is where we needed to be. It is close to plenty of restaurants and shopping. The room was spacious, up to date, spotless, all the staff were very helpful and friendly, and even though it was just off of 280, it was very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
JohnReaganRIGM, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Sandy D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our wonderful property. You kind words mean a lot to my staff and I. I am glad that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our unique location that allows you to be near all the benefits of 280 in a residential setting. We look forward to your next visit. We love to see our repeat guests. Thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is an older style Residence Inn...kind of like an apartment community. Remodeled about a year or so ago. Well kept, very large suites. Mine had wood burning fireplace which was nice! Would stay here again except it is a long way down 280 and not close to where I need to be in B'ham when I visit.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
JohnReaganRIGM, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hello Will H,

We at the Residence Inn Birmingham Inverness thank you for taking time from your day to post a review about our property. We strive to be the best property we can be. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We understand that our location may not be convenient to all workplaces, but we strive to make sure that our guests; no matter how far they come out of their way to stay with us, receives true southern hospitality that makes up for any distant traveled. We hope that you come back and see us soon because we love seeing our repeat guest. To us you are part of our Residence Inn Family and every day we look forward to having a family reunion. Thank you for staying with us.