Residence Inn by Marriott Birmingham Homewood
  • Breakfast included
$122
$109
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$79
$204
Westin.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
$105
$139
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanbasketball courtbedroom suitethe staff was extremely friendlyfront desk personneloutdoor poolfree breakfastnice areabusiness travelgreat roomwafflesgmfurnishings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott Homewood for a week. The suites were generously sized and very clean. A full breakfast was available every morning with different selections. From Mon.-Thurs. nights, there was a manager's reception with finger food...enough to make a light dinner. The staff was exceptionally polite and eager to help or answer questions. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dporcello
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is one of my many homes away from home and I love the hospitality and they just renovated the rooms and it's better than ever. The location is off the freeway allowing access to numerous venues. There are also restaurants and shopping located within walking distance. I would rate the hotel as excellent but the renovations are still going on and there is still some clutter. Great place overall though.

Room Tip: During the summer it's best to stay on the outer wall rooms, the pool can get a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sylvia S
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in the Residence Inn Homewood, AL on Friday night July 5th 2013 while traveling on vacation to Florida. The location was good next to Interstate 65. I travel a great deal on business therefore I know the reputation of Resisdence Inns. Unfortunately this property did not come close to my expectations. I rented two rooms as I had my wife and three kids with me.

Me and two boys occupied Room 122 which was inhabited by cockroaches and spiders.I enlosed a picture of a giant cockroach we found in the middle of the floor along with part of a Cheeto. I assume this monster died from eating too much of the Cheeto.

My wife and daughter occupied Room 121 directly accross the hall. I choose not to attach the cockroach picture from their room as I squashed him while chasing him across the room. I had to crawl under the bed chasing and killing these creatures for them to feel comfortable enough to stay in the bed. Spider webs in numerous corners.

The hotel had "renovation" signs up, but we found the rooms to be good other than the cockroaches and spiders. In my opinion the property does not need renovation it needs an EXTERMNATOR! I would NOT recommend this property to anyone partcularlly at these prices.

I found the breakfast poor at best. It was so crowded. While standing in the lobby they ran our of plates and coffee. It took over 10 minutes to get coffee brought out to the counter. Plates came much sooner.

Do not stay here unless you like chasing and killing bugs.

Room Tip: GO to another hotel or bring your net!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank southpawNashville
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I normally think Residence Inn hotels are my best bet for an extended stay.

This Residence Inn is currently in the middle of renovation.

I was saddened to find out that I am in a room that has already been renovated. The kitchen is approximately three feet of counter-top on each side of a corner. But these 6 total feet are taken up by a sink, microwave and 2 burner stovetop. There is no 'bar' type counter opposite the kitchen wall as I have been accustomed, so it is very difficult to prepare food.

Currently, although they have a fitness room pictured on their website, there is none. You have to drive to a nearby YMCA, where they will remind you - if you ask any questions - that they are providing a service (favor) for the hotel. Unless you are a Y member, you have to fill out new paperwork every day you go in..

My room appeared to have never been cleaned after the last guest. I found all but three dishes (plates and bowls) and all of the silverware in the dishwasher, uncleaned....which is how I found out that the dishwasher was non-functional. Where there would be two rolls of toilet paper, there was half of one. The "brand new" carpet was filthy, but they have offered to have it cleaned tomorrow.

The people are nice enough. They seem to think I am simply a "trouble maker", but they are very cordial and professional in most cases.

They make wonderful breakfasts and have decent "happy hours" Mon-Wed

The one great thing is that the new beds and pillows are AMAZINGLY comfortable.

Maybe it will get better when they finish the renovation, but at least for now, the TownePlace Suites is 3/4 of a mile down the same road with better kitchens, easier access to the main road, and a fitness room. It sells out first.

Room Tip: If you want a useable kitchen, you apparently must rent a two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank railmaj
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stove works when it wants. Refrigerator broken. Microwave stopped working on our 7th day. Toilet overflowed and it took me several hours to get everything required to clean up and sanitize the bathroom. Roaches. Floor is filthy you just have to see our socks. Sofa was just as bad. 2 washers and dryers in our building only 1 washer worked. Contacted desk about it and was told they probably already knew of it. The sign on the dryer is very old. The washers were both mfgd 1997. Took 5 hours to complete 3 loads. They also charge for Internet and if you elect to use their "free" service forget it, it's shoddy and you have to figure out how to log on every day.

I see the good reviews were early on in 2009. Perhaps something had happened since.

My wife myself and 2 babies stayed for 2 weeks. If we could find another suite anywhere else we would have left.

I attempted to contact the The Marriott executive branch and was twice transferred to the Residency Inn Customer Relations but no one answered the phone. After 10 minutes of ringing it automatically disconnected.

I served the US Army for 25 years and have stayed in about 1000 hotels and this wad the worst ever.

I expected a lot more from a Marriott family backed hotel.

Email to the Customer Comaint dept generated a we need to know what room you ari in to rectify the problem. Wary of retaliation I will not provide until I leave.

• Stayed: March 2013