Residence Inn by Marriott Birmingham Homewood
$151
$144
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$85
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$109
$129
$116
  • Pool
$100
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanbasketball courtbedroom suitethe staff was extremely friendlyfront desk personneloutdoor poolfree breakfastnice areabusiness travelgreat roomwafflesgmfurnishings
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I normally think Residence Inn hotels are my best bet for an extended stay.

This Residence Inn is currently in the middle of renovation.

I was saddened to find out that I am in a room that has already been renovated. The kitchen is approximately three feet of counter-top on each side of a corner. But these 6 total feet are taken up by a sink, microwave and 2 burner stovetop. There is no 'bar' type counter opposite the kitchen wall as I have been accustomed, so it is very difficult to prepare food.

Currently, although they have a fitness room pictured on their website, there is none. You have to drive to a nearby YMCA, where they will remind you - if you ask any questions - that they are providing a service (favor) for the hotel. Unless you are a Y member, you have to fill out new paperwork every day you go in..

My room appeared to have never been cleaned after the last guest. I found all but three dishes (plates and bowls) and all of the silverware in the dishwasher, uncleaned....which is how I found out that the dishwasher was non-functional. Where there would be two rolls of toilet paper, there was half of one. The "brand new" carpet was filthy, but they have offered to have it cleaned tomorrow.

The people are nice enough. They seem to think I am simply a "trouble maker", but they are very cordial and professional in most cases.

They make wonderful breakfasts and have decent "happy hours" Mon-Wed

The one great thing is that the new beds and pillows are AMAZINGLY comfortable.

Maybe it will get better when they finish the renovation, but at least for now, the TownePlace Suites is 3/4 of a mile down the same road with better kitchens, easier access to the main road, and a fitness room. It sells out first.

Room Tip: If you want a useable kitchen, you apparently must rent a two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank railmaj
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stove works when it wants. Refrigerator broken. Microwave stopped working on our 7th day. Toilet overflowed and it took me several hours to get everything required to clean up and sanitize the bathroom. Roaches. Floor is filthy you just have to see our socks. Sofa was just as bad. 2 washers and dryers in our building only 1 washer worked. Contacted desk about it and was told they probably already knew of it. The sign on the dryer is very old. The washers were both mfgd 1997. Took 5 hours to complete 3 loads. They also charge for Internet and if you elect to use their "free" service forget it, it's shoddy and you have to figure out how to log on every day.

I see the good reviews were early on in 2009. Perhaps something had happened since.

My wife myself and 2 babies stayed for 2 weeks. If we could find another suite anywhere else we would have left.

I attempted to contact the The Marriott executive branch and was twice transferred to the Residency Inn Customer Relations but no one answered the phone. After 10 minutes of ringing it automatically disconnected.

I served the US Army for 25 years and have stayed in about 1000 hotels and this wad the worst ever.

I expected a lot more from a Marriott family backed hotel.

Email to the Customer Comaint dept generated a we need to know what room you ari in to rectify the problem. Wary of retaliation I will not provide until I leave.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jrwolf
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel is dated but clean. Supposed to start renovation in March 2013. The dishwasher leaked and one of the washers was broken. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is pretty good and had good variety but check milk expiration date! Our room was next to the elevator which was loud! Not bad for the price!

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Hotel is dated and worn. Rooms only have old queen beds... and a pullout of very poor quality. It was not comfortable for 2 adults to spend the night. There are much higher value rooms in the same price range with competing chains

Room Tip: Go someplace else.... you can get a much higher value room in the same price range
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We recently stayed at this location while attending a swim meet at the Birmingham Crossplex The hotel itself is older and the rooms could certainly use some renovating. There were some loose tiles in the bathroom and a few minor stains on the carpet, but nothing major. The beds were just fine and the room was clean when we arrived. The front desk staff used our names upon check in and quickly took care of any issues we had. It is located next to some good restaurants although it is right next to the Interstate. An average stay.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family