Residence Inn by Marriott Birmingham Homewood
$151
$144
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$85
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$100
$129
$116
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanbasketball courtbedroom suitethe staff was extremely friendlyfront desk personneloutdoor poolfree breakfastnice areabusiness travelgreat roomwafflesgmfurnishings
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I used to stay at this hotel a lot on business trips. My stay has always been fine. I especially used to like the generous breakfast buffet and comfortable rooms.

That all changed in November of 2011. I chose this hotel for my wife and I from a list of about a dozen hotels for a convention we atttended. We arrived late and just wanted to get in bed and go to sleep. Around 11 pm, we kept hearing stomping above us. We figured who ever it was would simmer down and go to sleep, then we could get some sleep...NOT. After laying in bed wide awake until 1:35 am, I had had enough. I called the front desk and asked them If I could move the next day because of the noise. They said okay.

The desk clerk said she would call the occupants and ask them to stop the noise. Finally, we began to dose off to sleep. 20 minutes later, the stomping started again. This time with a vengeance (seemingly). I think it was 3:45 am when it was finally quiet enough to get some sleep. Only thing, we had to be up at 5:30 am to get started for the day.

I wen to the front desk and explained my dissatisfaction. The desk clerk told us that they have had problems with the occupants in the room above us. The family was staying there for an extended period of time due to a house fire. My questions was, if they knew the family was a problem, why was I placed below them (the hotel was not full). I requested a refund. I was told that the manager would have to make that decision. I was scheduled to stat there for 3 nights. The desk clerk asked if I would like another room. We declined and decided to got to another hotel.

Just before checking out, we went to what I have known to be a great breakfast buffet. This was absolutely horrible. They had powdered eggs and something that was supposed to look like Canadian bacon. The egg-sausage-cheese buscuits looked like they had been warmed over from the day before. My advise...stay away. Oh, I almost forgot, the room we had was facing the interstate traffic. That made it even worse.

Room Tip: Let the buyer (or occupier) beware
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TwoQuestions
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I've stayed at his hotel before. They do a manager's dinner during the week. It includes beer and wine. It's a good value. The fitness room has very good Lifefitness equipment, and the room has good controled air. The bad news is the interent did not work at all. This is not the first time the interent has not worked. I'm at the hotel now connected with a Verzion card on my computer.

If you need hotel interent find another hotel with consistent internet. If you don't need interent, the fitness room, dinner, and breakfast make it a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for the back building less road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I recently went there for business and it is good if you need at this location. They have one of the best breakfasts for this type of hotel and the staff was very helpful if I did not see what I wanted - true southern hospitality here. I did have a bit of problem on my GPS it wanted to take me to another hotel but if one continues on the road past the State Farme Center that is on that road you will find it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

we had to check into this hotel last minute. The location is ok, but the hotel was clean and the staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating. I have stayed at 5* hotels where the staff weren't nearly as helpful. Unfortunately, they didn't keep the breakfast buffet stocked very well, but there were evening dinners on some weekdays. Overall, not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lynncast
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Although the hotel is a little dated, everything was clean and in working order. Moreover, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. A nice touch was on Valentine's Day. For the evening reception, they put white tablecloths and candles on the table. All of ladies got a rose when they walked in the door. I also needed to have late checkout on Friday and they didn't have a problem with me staying until 4. As a business traveler, I was happy with this hotel, but it could use some updating.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business