“Will Stay again and again”

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness
Ranked #48 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I enjoyed this experience. It had all the comforts that I needed for my stay. The location and ease of access was wonderful. The service was friendly and efficient. The Extended Stay America chain is great for families traveling together for several days. There are also several eating and shopping areas close by. (I would recommend an air freshener if possible.)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Jeanetta - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about your time with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our location to ideal and that our staff provided you with such great service. As well, it is great to hear that we made your stay so comfortable overall!

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife was able the get two rooms through Priceline at a very good price. The rooms met our needs very well. There was a smoking scent in the room that was a little annoying, but manageable. If you are looking for average and inexpensive this place is for you.

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Don - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that the rooms met your needs. I do apologize for the slight smoke odor. Our maintenance staff has corrected this issue.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

For the price and location, this hotel was great but for overall cleanliness, was one of the worst I have stayed in. To be fair, the hotel seemed to be going through renovations as there are large dumpsters filled with carpets, etc. I believe we may have unfortunately stayed in one of the older rooms that has not been inhabited in awhile...there was long black hair throughout the room on counters, bedspread, etc. the toilet made a very large noise every time we flushed and my youngest literally fell through the pull out bed as two springs were broke! If we had not checked in later in the evening, we would have demanded another room. Also note that there is NO elevator so another reason we didn't want to change rooms, we had already lugged our luggage and cooler up to the third floor! I cannot imagine staying here for an extended stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kmkcook
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The cleanliness of the room you described is unacceptable and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reinforced the cleaning process to ensure your experience is not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at biv@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were here for a few months and the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Jonathan at the front dest. The property is not new but in decent condition. They were making some changes when we left. There is a HUGE safety issue though. People leave outside doors proped-open all times of day, and the guests are very suspect. I had to leave because of a violent incident with my next door neighbor. i was disappoint with how management handled this situation also.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dequence

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. It is great to read that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful, especially Jonathan. I am so sorry for the problems that you experienced at our hotel. Please know, guest safety is a huge concern of ours. With that in mind, my team is making sure that all entrance doors are not propped-open at any time.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at biv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

They don't use detergent when washing sheets, it seems. Room looks old. Flat screen TV is not enough to call the room updated. Walls, doors are dirty.
Location is very convenient though. Could have been a great hotel if they put enough effort in it.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The problem you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will take the necessary steps to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at biv@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I am really enjoying my stay, the Staff is Wonderful especially Jonathan the front desk help. Even though the hotel is not new its in great condition I give much applause to the housekeepers and maintenance staff. I highly recommend this hotel at a great price in a wonderful safe area. Looking forward to visiting this property again!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Please allow us to thank you for your business and for such kind words about our associates. Whenever we read positive comments like yours our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Extended Stay America Birmingham Inverness as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. We are firmly committed to guest satisfaction with clean effective rooms at an affordable rate and were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. Coupled with our staff providing professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest we understand this offer is compelling. Once again, thank you.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I have been here since November 2012. The rooms are good but the tv channels are horrible. We have complained about this to the manager for quite sometime. If we want to watch something on a certain channel we have to go somewhere to watch it. Now we have lost tbs channel. There have been so many people to leave because of the poor channel selection. We are still here because its convenient to our job. The rates also have gone up and we think that you guys should do something about this because you will continue to lose business because of this. When you get off from a long days work you want to relax and watch something good on tv.

• Stayed: November 2012
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

First and foremost, please allow us to thank you for your ongoing business. We recently received a copy of your review of our Extended Stay America Birmingham - Inverness location and know that our guests have multiple hotel choices in the area, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. As a company we are continually trying to find ways to improve our guest experience and this includes the television package currently being offered. Your direct feedback will assist us greatly in this regard as we continue to evaluate alternate solutions and hope to have a better channel selection in the very near future. Once again, thank you for your business and the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.