“Ok but better channel selections” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness
Ranked #45 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“Ok but better channel selections”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I have been here since November 2012. The rooms are good but the tv channels are horrible. We have complained about this to the manager for quite sometime. If we want to watch something on a certain channel we have to go somewhere to watch it. Now we have lost tbs channel. There have been so many people to leave because of the poor channel selection. We are still here because its convenient to our job. The rates also have gone up and we think that you guys should do something about this because you will continue to lose business because of this. When you get off from a long days work you want to relax and watch something good on tv.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
First and foremost, please allow us to thank you for your ongoing business. We recently received a copy of your review of our Extended Stay America Birmingham - Inverness location and know that our guests have multiple hotel choices in the area, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. As a company we are continually trying to find ways to improve our guest experience and this includes the television package currently being offered. Your direct feedback will assist us greatly in this regard as we continue to evaluate alternate solutions and hope to have a better channel selection in the very near future. Once again, thank you for your business and the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Florida City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Location: This property is located near one of the main traffic routes (US 280), but is far enough away from the road to offer some privacy. Plenty of stores nearby, so there are opportunities to buy groceries or shop. In addition, it's not too far from Birmingham attractions. Traffic on 280 can get bad, so anticipate slow traffic enroute to hotel, especially if coming from the south. Traffic was slow from intersection of I-459 and US 280 southbound to hotel..

Amenities: Great value for the price. For a small upgrade fee ($5/night) , we opted for a room with a sleeper sofa and small table, which made it more comfortable to read, watch TV, or eat a meal. Room also had an oven, which saved us money.

Staff: Staff were courteous, and gave us advice on attractions to visit in Birmingham.

Recommendation: Would definitly stay here again.

Room Tip: Opt for room with sleeper sofa if your stay is more than a 1 night pit stop. The standard room does...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mustang9975
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Birmingham - Inverness. Whenever we read comments like yours it always gives our staff great pleasure as we strive to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable. We too can also appreciate the Hotel’s close proximity to local area shops, stores and restaurants. It is so great to hear that you were able to not just enjoy our property, but the surrounding area too!

Thank you again for your business. We hope you will stay with us again soon or at any of our other brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Arlington, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just returned from staying at Studio Plus in Inverness. I loved being able to cook in the kitchen available in each room. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The General Manager was awesome as well. The area has just about anything you would ever need. I highly recommend staying here!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sweettia
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Whenever we read positive comments like yours our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Studio Plus Birmingham Inverness as a member of the Extended Stay America family, we are proud to offer a great room with a full kitchen at a great rate. We can personally relate to the fantastic local area and close proximity of the property to "just about anything you need" as stated. We also know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our top priority. Thank you for your business.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very friendly management and staff! Reasonable rates, rooms are large. Very nice neighborhood! I have enjoyed my stay here, and it is very close UAB, area parks, and the staff always goes above and beyond to meet my needs. The rooms are very well maintained.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better scenery.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alicia P
It was very kind of you to publish such a positive review of your stay at our Studio Plus Hotel Birmingham Inverness and such kind words about our staff. It's always satisfying to read uplifting feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy guests. That's why our largest asset is our loyal base just like you. We are firmly committed to guest satisfaction with clean effective rooms at an affordable rate and were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. Coupled with our staff providing professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest we understand this offer is compelling. Simply put, thank you.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I cannot believe that this property has the gall to show the pictures on this site that they advertise. This property is filthy, dirty carpeting, in disrepair, smoky, mildew/musty and is without a doubt the worst place I have ever had the "displeasure" of visiting. DO NOT STAY HERE.
I was given a confirmation for "non-smoking" rooms and upon arrival was told that there are NO non-smoking rooms. The carpet was filthy, the rooms were in disrepair, mold and mildew odors and you could tell that the rooms were "heavy smoking" rooms. I am still recovering from allergic reactions to the smoke, mold and mildew. Someone needs to report this property to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ronald P
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Studio Plus Birmingham - Inverness. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

Nice spacious room with everything you could ask for. The front desk accommodated all needs promptly and professionally. The location just off the main road allowed for seclusion and quiet without losing the convenience of being close to restaurants that you could walk to. Friends were paying far more to get far less.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Houndmania
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Studio Plus Birmingham - Inverness. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay America location.
Indy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2007

11-16-07 My wife and I were going to stay at Homestead Studio Suites Birmingham - Perimeter Park South 12 Perimeter Park S. but the place was in bad shape after two rooms that we viewed. So I wanted to try their sister hotel Studio PLUS Deluxe Studios. Well needless to say I will not be staying at either again. The front desk clerk showed me a room but it was the bait and hook room. It was clean and had a 25 inch television it was nice. But when I received the key for our room it was dirty and not the same even the television was different I think a 17 inch television or smaller. There was grease on the kitchen walls, pillow dirty it was a mess. I went back to the front desk an asked for another room and a man who identified himself as a manager asked me what was wrong with the room I told him and his responds was “ Sometimes people fry things and grease get on the walls.

So I received another room and it was a tad better but it was for one night and the wife was getting tied so I took out my can of disinfecting and settled in for the night. I took a few photos and they can tell the story better. Needless to say I will never utilize the two brands Studio Plus or Homestead Studio Suites again. However I enjoyed my stay at one brand Extended Stay Deluxe in Marietta, GA Power Ferry Rd and would use that brand again.

I would like to know are they inspecting these rooms with the light on or off?

• Liked — Not one thing
  • Disliked — Take a look at the photos
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family