“Extended Stay @ Lakeshore, Homewood AL”

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood
Ranked #53 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Staff was very courteous and accommodating. All side and rear access doors were allowed to be left open instead of using door access cards issued to guests. My room mattress was very worn out along with the carpet being stained and dirty. Appliances were dated too.

Room Tip: Ask to see the actual room you are being assigned along with checking the firmness of the mattress...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean; looked recently painted and carpeted. Room was large and comfortable but kitchen was pretty dilapidated. Everything worked but was old and rickety. The second floor was being completely renovated so in order to get through to the lobby, had to walk through the workers. Hopefully the renovation will include the kitchens. The value and location were excellent.

Room Tip: Do not get room across from the laundry room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The staff is great and the rooms are nice, could be better, but it's worth the daily stay. For my personal needs is the best and cheapest hotel I could find. Truly recommend if you want to use it to spend the night and have a nice sleep.

Room Tip: Nice hotel near by Birmingham and Hoover
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for your positive review about your stay at our hotel. I am proud of our staff for providing courteous customer service that met your expectations. Also, I am pleased to read that our location was ideal for your stay.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stay at this property for 2 and a half months. Like many properties at this rate there are some unfortunate issues, like roaches, funny odor in corridors, average housekeeping service, etc. but I have to mention that all my requests were fulfill to my satisfaction in a timely manner and after fumigation the roaches disappear. If you are from the South is normal to find roaches everywhere during Summer, so it doesn't really bother me. The staff is friendly and service oriented. The rooms are not too big, not too small. I had a room on the first floor that was recently remodel. Overall the experience was a pleasant one. Kudos to Saquila for her excellent customer service.

Room Tip: If possible chose the first floor or if you like a quiet room ask for accommodations on the third fl...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that experienced pest and odors in the corridors. You are right, there are some conditions that will promote the bugs but we try and have a professional come out and spray as soon as we hear as well as having a contract monthly spraying from a professional. Please accept my apology. To uphold our company's high standards, our guest rooms are treated by housekeeping and should have a fresh smell. Still, I am pleased that you found the spaciousness of your room and the courteousness of our staff to your satisfaction

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at kbrown@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

They make you feel like you are at home not at a hotel. They are very hands on a quick about making you feel like you are a part of their family.customer service is a 10 from front desk to housekeeping

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a roof over your head for the night then this place is ok. If you're wanting to stay much longer, I wouldnt recommend it at all for the following reasons.

firstly this place has a MAJOR cochroach problem. I have purchased cockroach spray but they appear all over the premises let alone in your room!

Secondly the room smelt like cigarettes as previous people who had stayed in the room obviouly smoked in there an it had sunk into the carpets and sofa. The tv was on a slant as the stand had clearly been broken and the area was dusty. The windows would not close properly leaving the room open to bugs! this meant that I had to deal with cockroaches as well as mosquito problems.

The room I stayed in was spacey and there was plenty of room to put my baggage and clothes. The house keeping which came once a week made the stay a tiny bit more bearable.

The fire alarms would also randomly go off which left a ringing in my ears at one point iy went off at 12am an lasted 20 mins before it went off again!

Whilst the hotel does provide a pool, it isnt always clean and on numerous occassions I have seen people walking their dogs around the pool area which to me is quite disgusting and unsanitary.

This place is a means to an end if you can deal with all that. Otherwise id advise to seriously look else where.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I experienced the same horrible experience as Kathi R. I also got the hotel via priceline express deals. After we found out the name and read Kathi's review here I made sure to call and let the hotel know that we were going to do a very late/early check in as we have paid for two days. We were needing to check in around 5am and the girl stated that it wasn't a problem and we would need to use the phone once we made it to the hotel and someone would be on call to check us in.
When we arrived we made several phone calls and we were told each time that the night attendant was being paged. After an hour of this we called priceline. Priceline had to make the phone calls themselves to make sure we were telling the truth and another hour later - they agree to move us to a new property. We were travelling with dogs so I suggested the LaQuinta (I know they accept large dogs). After being moved to the LaQuinta the manager for the extended stay calls and states that someone is on their way to the door right now -- we wait for 10 mins and leave.
This is not the hotel to visit if you are checking in after 11pm. If you get this hotel on priceline and need a late check-in call in advance and demand to be moved.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The situation you described regarding you not being able to check in after hours is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will ensure the night attendant answers all calls promptly to make sure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at wld@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.