“The whole staff is awesome Saquila.Tori.Debra and Housekeeping”

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood
Ranked #53 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed August 26, 2013

They make you feel like you are at home not at a hotel. They are very hands on a quick about making you feel like you are a part of their family.customer service is a 10 from front desk to housekeeping

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a roof over your head for the night then this place is ok. If you're wanting to stay much longer, I wouldnt recommend it at all for the following reasons.

firstly this place has a MAJOR cochroach problem. I have purchased cockroach spray but they appear all over the premises let alone in your room!

Secondly the room smelt like cigarettes as previous people who had stayed in the room obviouly smoked in there an it had sunk into the carpets and sofa. The tv was on a slant as the stand had clearly been broken and the area was dusty. The windows would not close properly leaving the room open to bugs! this meant that I had to deal with cockroaches as well as mosquito problems.

The room I stayed in was spacey and there was plenty of room to put my baggage and clothes. The house keeping which came once a week made the stay a tiny bit more bearable.

The fire alarms would also randomly go off which left a ringing in my ears at one point iy went off at 12am an lasted 20 mins before it went off again!

Whilst the hotel does provide a pool, it isnt always clean and on numerous occassions I have seen people walking their dogs around the pool area which to me is quite disgusting and unsanitary.

This place is a means to an end if you can deal with all that. Otherwise id advise to seriously look else where.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I experienced the same horrible experience as Kathi R. I also got the hotel via priceline express deals. After we found out the name and read Kathi's review here I made sure to call and let the hotel know that we were going to do a very late/early check in as we have paid for two days. We were needing to check in around 5am and the girl stated that it wasn't a problem and we would need to use the phone once we made it to the hotel and someone would be on call to check us in.
When we arrived we made several phone calls and we were told each time that the night attendant was being paged. After an hour of this we called priceline. Priceline had to make the phone calls themselves to make sure we were telling the truth and another hour later - they agree to move us to a new property. We were travelling with dogs so I suggested the LaQuinta (I know they accept large dogs). After being moved to the LaQuinta the manager for the extended stay calls and states that someone is on their way to the door right now -- we wait for 10 mins and leave.
This is not the hotel to visit if you are checking in after 11pm. If you get this hotel on priceline and need a late check-in call in advance and demand to be moved.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The situation you described regarding you not being able to check in after hours is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will ensure the night attendant answers all calls promptly to make sure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at wld@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

this one of the worst hotels I stayed in.
I arrived at the hotel at around midnight. the lobby was locked and there was a sign that the front desk closed at 11 pm.
there was a phone next to the door, the only staff at the hotel was the laundry lady!!!!
she opened the door for me and said that she can let me in a room but she cant give me a room key because she doesn't have any access to the computer.
this was the first time for me- to stay at a hotel with no front desk and no room key!!!!
she took me to a room that was on the third floor and there was no elevator.
I had to carry my bags for three floors!! the room smelled terrible! the rug was dirty and stained, had no phone in it, had a spider web on the corner, and it didn't look like the picture.
I decided to take a shower but the faucet was broken an I couldn't turn on the water. but all I wanted is to sleep, so I said OK. once I pulled the sheets there was hairs all over.
since there was no phone in my room I couldn't call that lady and I couldn't leave my room since I didn't got any room key, I had to call Priceline so they will try to contact someone from the hotel.
the laundry lady came up to my room and offered to change my room.
she took me to a different room, which was even worst.
the same horrible smell, dirty carpet and a sofa with a urine stain on it.
I tried to take a shower but when I pulled the "clean" towel there was a long black hair on it, and all of a sudden I didn't fell like taking a shower anymore.
I took my stuff and left the hotel less then an hour after I checked in, and went to sleep in my car.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kathi R
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I love would love to stay again when i visit. The have great workers. Their rooms are very clean sanitized rooms. They are they when you are in need with great prices. Smiley Faces to this great hotel. I have been to many Hotel that i ever been to. I will choose extended stay when ever i travel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Whenever we read positive comments like yours our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Extended Stay Amercia Birmingham Wildwood as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Thank you for your business.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was really our home away from home after our condo caught fire. We lost everything in the fire and the staff here bent over backward to make our stay extra special. Every staff member on each shift was just as hospitable as the last one.
We ended up staying two (2) weeks, after one week we were asked if we want to move to another location and the answer was NO!!!!.
The place is located literally three minutes away from 10-15 restaurants and 2 banks. The location is nice and quiet we felt really safe.
The coffee was always good and hot each morning. We are going to miss the warm smiles and good tiding each morning.
We want the staff to know you all have made our hardship a little easier to bear.

Thanks

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cynthia,
Thank you so very much for such a positive review of our Extended Stay America Birmingham Wildwood property and staff. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, thank you for your business and please know that the entire staff at our hotel would like to thank you for your very kind words and would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay America location.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I'm always welcome with open arms
& everything I need has been right there
at my finger tips.Thank you for your performance& 100% of quality of your
work at all times in making my stay
pleasant.hotel fee 68.00 food to cook 40.00 my stay PRICELESS.

• Stayed: March 2013
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

First and foremost please allow us to thank for your business. Whenever we read positive comments like yours, particularly about great guest service, our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Extended Stay America Birminfgham Wildwood as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Once again, thank you.