“don't stay here that's the hotel that i got from priceline”

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood
Ranked #48 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Miami, Florida, United States
“don't stay here that's the hotel that i got from priceline”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

this one of the worst hotels I stayed in.
I arrived at the hotel at around midnight. the lobby was locked and there was a sign that the front desk closed at 11 pm.
there was a phone next to the door, the only staff at the hotel was the laundry lady!!!!
she opened the door for me and said that she can let me in a room but she cant give me a room key because she doesn't have any access to the computer.
this was the first time for me- to stay at a hotel with no front desk and no room key!!!!
she took me to a room that was on the third floor and there was no elevator.
I had to carry my bags for three floors!! the room smelled terrible! the rug was dirty and stained, had no phone in it, had a spider web on the corner, and it didn't look like the picture.
I decided to take a shower but the faucet was broken an I couldn't turn on the water. but all I wanted is to sleep, so I said OK. once I pulled the sheets there was hairs all over.
since there was no phone in my room I couldn't call that lady and I couldn't leave my room since I didn't got any room key, I had to call Priceline so they will try to contact someone from the hotel.
the laundry lady came up to my room and offered to change my room.
she took me to a different room, which was even worst.
the same horrible smell, dirty carpet and a sofa with a urine stain on it.
I tried to take a shower but when I pulled the "clean" towel there was a long black hair on it, and all of a sudden I didn't fell like taking a shower anymore.
I took my stuff and left the hotel less then an hour after I checked in, and went to sleep in my car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kathi R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I love would love to stay again when i visit. The have great workers. Their rooms are very clean sanitized rooms. They are they when you are in need with great prices. Smiley Faces to this great hotel. I have been to many Hotel that i ever been to. I will choose extended stay when ever i travel.

• Stayed April 2013
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Whenever we read positive comments like yours our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Extended Stay Amercia Birmingham Wildwood as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Thank you for your business.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was really our home away from home after our condo caught fire. We lost everything in the fire and the staff here bent over backward to make our stay extra special. Every staff member on each shift was just as hospitable as the last one.
We ended up staying two (2) weeks, after one week we were asked if we want to move to another location and the answer was NO!!!!.
The place is located literally three minutes away from 10-15 restaurants and 2 banks. The location is nice and quiet we felt really safe.
The coffee was always good and hot each morning. We are going to miss the warm smiles and good tiding each morning.
We want the staff to know you all have made our hardship a little easier to bear.

Thanks

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cynthia,
Thank you so very much for such a positive review of our Extended Stay America Birmingham Wildwood property and staff. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, thank you for your business and please know that the entire staff at our hotel would like to thank you for your very kind words and would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay America location.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I'm always welcome with open arms
& everything I need has been right there
at my finger tips.Thank you for your performance& 100% of quality of your
work at all times in making my stay
pleasant.hotel fee 68.00 food to cook 40.00 my stay PRICELESS.

• Stayed March 2013
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
First and foremost please allow us to thank for your business. Whenever we read positive comments like yours, particularly about great guest service, our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Extended Stay America Birminfgham Wildwood as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Once again, thank you.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My name is Shelia from St. Vincents Hospital, I met Mrs. Hill one day at work when she was passing out information for the hotel. I was looking for a place to stay that was a home environment. Twanna insisted that I come and check out the hotel. I must say my experience here at Studio Plus Wildwood, which is now Extended Stay America has been excellent. The staff here show excellent customer service, starting with the manager Twanna Hill she go above and beyond to help the guest in everyway possible. Her customer service skills is remarkable and should be distributed throughout this company. Twanna present great customer service skiils which make my stay here a home away from home, I must say she is a great manager and a major asset to this company. Next, The front desk GSR Marcus Malone shows outstanding customer service towards all guest. He presents himself in a way that all should, the smile he shows every morning brightens my day and inform me that everything will be ok. Marcus is also a great asset to this company and make me feel welcome here at Studio Plus. I've stayed at different hotel while traveling, but because of the staff and the great leadership this hotel is the best one ever.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shelia L
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
It was very kind of you to publish such a positive review of your recent stay and for such kind words about our staff at our Extended Stay America Birmingham Wildwood location. It's always satisfying to read uplifting feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy guests. That's why our largest asset is our loyal base just like you. We are firmly committed to guest satisfaction with clean effective rooms at an affordable rate and were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. Coupled with our staff providing professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest we understand this offer is compelling. Thank you for your business.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Let me start out by saying, this hotel is a home away from home. Everyone go out of there way to assist the guest. The changes that are taken place here are great. I love the new to go breakfast. Everyone have a chance to meet one another and chat about life. The staff here at wildwood are great, I love the staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, its safe and well kept.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Larry B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our Studio Plus Birmingham Wildwood location. We would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Once again, the entire staff at our hotel would like to thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My family and I have experienced the best quality of care . It was a home away from home. All staff members are very professional and caring. Ms. Twanna, the manager here goes over and beyond to accomodate your needs... She's one of a kind... Thanks Ms. Twanna!!!!

Room Tip: Choose second level... Laundry room and main office on this level.