“Great Hotel”

Ranked #32 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed February 4, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Michelle W, Manager at Best Western Plus Birmingham Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Birmingham Inn & Suites

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I brought my 86 year old father down to Birmingham for his 89 year old brother's funeral. We arrived around 10:00 am hoping we could check in so my father could take a nap. The ADA room we requested was ready! Interesting that they put the ADA room on the second floor a long way from the elevator. Anyway....

We attended the funeral and spent the afternoon visiting with family. Put dad to be early because he was so tired. It had been a long day for him. Around 11 pm he was in such abdominal pain I had to take him to the ER. With help from the front desk staff and a very gracious police officer I was able to navigate to UAB hospital in downtown Birmingham. Long sotry short he was admitted and had to stayy in the hospital for a couple of days. I was allowed to extend my stay on a day by day basis and retain the very good rate I had received with my on-line booking.

The breakfast...well they try but everything is factory produced including the very uniformed "omelets". The scrambled eggs they offered one day were very dry and just plane not good. Even though I was there a total of 4 nights I only ate breakfast there twice for convenience only.

Room was cleaed each day. All staff I encountered were helpful and sympathetic. For the rate I paid this was a very good value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Michelle W, Manager at Best Western Plus Birmingham Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are sorry to hear about your recent family illness, but so glad to hear our staff was helpful. Our home will always be your home when traveling to Birmingham. Comfort is always something that makes you feel more like home, especially when an unexpected opportunity comes up during your travels. Thank you for being our guest and allowing us to assist you and your recent needs. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Michelle W, Manager at Best Western Plus Birmingham Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Reviewed January 11, 2013

First room I was assigned was "abused" by the previous guest that must have smoked despite it being a non-smoking hotel. The second room was fine, and clean too. The bed seemed a bit on the older side, but I still slept well with a nice A/C system and comfortable pillow selections.

Breakfast was perfectly fine, and the staff was friendly. I had to look for this hotel to spot it--- up on a hill and well off the road.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Michelle W, Manager at Best Western Plus Birmingham Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for being our guest. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for taking time to post about your recent stay!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I found your hotel to be clean, orderly and in the right location. The first room had a stuffy smell and we were assigned another room that was perfect. No smell in the room and the design and placement of the furniture was quite nice.

The bed was very comfortable and the linen was fresh which is a blessing because I suffer with numerous allergies. My husband and I were very pleased with your hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thanks for taking to time to post your review. We are happy to hear you had a nice stay! We like to hear positive feedback so we can pass this along to our staff who works hard to please our guest! We hope to see you again in the near future!!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Michelle W, Manager at Best Western Plus Birmingham Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Reviewed January 2, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Best Western Plus Carlton Suites
Candlewood Suites Birmingham - Hoover
La Quinta Inn Birmingham / Cahaba Park South
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness

Been to Best Western Plus Birmingham Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!