“Very Helpful, A Blessing”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #53 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Let me start off by saying, this was not a planned trip. Our RV died & the tow truck bought us here after Progressive was gonna leave us on the interstate. We had only enough money for one night, The hotel was very clean, the fridge, microwave, blow dryer, free wifi, breakfast was great.
The beds were comfortable, my service dog was welcomed & no extra fee for him, hes a pitbull too. (they normally charge $20 for pets). Check out time is 11am, but you can arrange a later time up to noon. After our one night stay, with no where to go & fighting with Progressive, the owner had no problem with us staying in our disabled rv in parking lot while we dealt with Progressive, they even let us use bathroom in lobby, eat free breakfast, use pool. I feel that its important I mention this due to them treating us like a friend or family member, instead of being all about big business making a buck, we are a disabled family & wheelchair bound with service dog & my husband is disabled vetern with ptsd & insulin user. Some other guest heard our bad luck & even prayed with us & for us. After calling the news on the treatment of Progressive, the claim adjuster bought me a check & the hotel helped me find a place to cash it, we stayed another night in hotel room. I would highly recommend this hotel, Great services, great staff and they care.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 156, rooms in rear are the best
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria W

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The front clerk (Amelia) was SUPER friendly from the start. The room was clean and large. The room cooled quickly. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast had quite a bit to choose from. (biscuits and gravy, grits, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, waffles, muffins, toast with condiments of cream cheese and peanut butter) Easy check out and can recommend to all.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank southernchelz
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This hotel provided excellent service from the time we came to the time we left.The facilities were great, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was great and very convenient considering that I traveled with pre-teens who are always hungry.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Judy W
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at this establishment on our way back from Tennessee. The minute we walked into the room I could smell that musty order, that just turns me off. I was not impressed with the room and was glad we were only staying one night.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carolynwb
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I made a reservation here because my father was having heart surgery at uab. I made the reservation for September 16 and 17, and planned to check out on the 18. There was a family emergency and I had to go to Montgomery on the 17. I did not even check in the hotel until 3a.m. on the morning of the 17th. At 3 p.m. that same day, I tried to talk to the front desk clerk and explain the situation, and even though I was only in the hotel for a total of 12 hours, they still charged me for two full nights. I paid $176.98 for twelve hours. We asked for the corporate number and the front desk clerk gave us the number for a phone sex hotline. When we finally got the correct number, we were told that corporate will not override an individual hotel owner's decision. The clerk told me he would see what he could do about it and call me. I have not heard from them at all, and the full amount was charged to my debit card along with a hold that I'm really not sure the purpose of. This is absolutely unacceptable and I will not be back to any quality inn. They were not at full occupancy and did not have to turn anyone away. I would have understood paying if that was the case. This is an absurd practice and I am irate.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at the location maybe 10 years ago, and this is not nearly the same property as far as cleanliness, and up to date appearance. The front entrance area and check in desk had a very strong non-welcoming odor, maybe like curry.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed May 29, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler