“Priced right and clean!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #45 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Mountain Home, Arkansas
“Priced right and clean!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

After being told the empty-looking Hampton next door was booked (???) we were so tired, we just went next door.
This hotel is older, but the lady at the front desk was so nice, and the lobby was very clean, so I decided to stay.

The room was also clean, and had been updated more than others I've stayed at for $60.

The beds were fine, no complaints there. Not Hampton beds, but we were comfortable.

We had a decent night's sleep (could've been a tad better if the fan on the heat and a/c unit could have run on constantly).

There were no loud or loitering people coming and going, never heard sounds from other rooms- all in all I feel like we got what we paid for, and I was pleasantly surprised for the price range and age of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank KaiyaMarie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
hacket
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Upon arrival, there was a stinch in the entrance of the lobby, never did figure what it was. The front desk man was not too friendly. And when we got to the room, using normal voices apparently we woke a neighbor, very thin walls. The "no-slip" mat in the bath tup was black around all the edges as if it had not been cleaned. Upon one flush with 1 small piece of toilet paper in the toilet, the water rose quickly near the rim. By the second person using, it was clogged and out of commission for the night. The next morning my dad had to go get a plunger and fix it himself. That should have been the house keeping! The door didn't shut too well and was very squeeky. These may seem like minor things to some, but when you've driven 5-6 hours and still have 9-10 left, a great night's sleep is much needed. I would NOT reccomend this place, even for the budget-minded...that was the only reason we stayed there, but i would have been willing to pay $20 more for a more comfortable and pleasurable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hartselle
Reviewed March 4, 2013

this hotel is an awesome place to stay it is very clean and the owners and employees are very friendly and make you feel very welcome and the rooms are very nice with wonderful flat screen televisions and the continental breakfast is hot and so homemade

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had a limited budget so I compared prices on all of the options in the area and this location offered significant saving. Nightly rates were running $40 less than competitors at the same exit.

The facilities (lobby and landscaping) were clean, well appointed and maintained. My room was just what I expected - functional, clean, reasonably appointed and well maintained (there were some minor, mostly cosmetic shortcomings, but nothing that interfered with the function of the room or my enjoyment of the stay.)

Likewise, I found the breakfast to be just what I expected and a great value for a facility in this price range: there were a variety of pastries, fruit, juice, coffee, cereal, and the ever-popular waffles. Yes the eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy were pre-prepared, but they were plentiful and presented in a clean, well maintained area with plenty of condiments and such that allowed me to construct an enjoyable, hearty breakfast at no cost.

Desk staff were friendly and accommodating. I expressed at check-in that I needed a good internet connection (something I've learned pays off in budget locations) and staff helped with this as well as my specific room location request.

I'd definitely stay there anytime I'm looking for a short stay on a budget.

Room Tip: If you need a strong internet connection when staying at an affordable motel, always let front desk...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Spanish Fort, Alabama
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been staying at this Quality Inn on the hill above Sam's Club for the last several years. Ken and Nancy have made all the stays enjoyable and they are a pleasure to tslk to every time I am in town. If you want a nice location away from the hustle and bustle of the City, I would highly recommend the Quality Inn in Irondale, Alabama

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I am a repeat customer and have enjoyed my stay every single time I have visited. The staff are always super friendly. The rooms are spacious,clean and include a microwave and fridge which are a plus and the beds are extra comfy. The back side of the building has a beautiful view of Irondale and the area that it is located has always been quiet.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the building on the second floor have a very nice view of Irondale.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great room value especially if you are doing the "sleep and go"" like we did. The attendant that checked us in was super friendly and accomodating, a nice man in his 30's. Rooms are fine, we slept well. Breakfast was a disappointment. The attendant clearly had not even visited the buffet offerings since she "clocked in". We assessed the selection and were greeted by one lonely "egg-type" patty staring up at us in the hotel pan.

Our daughter poured a bowl of cereal only to find the milk container dry. At this point we summoned the attendant who remarked that the people who were responsble for the breakfast service had done a poor job and that they were out of milk. And without asking, she whisks away my daughters bowl of cereal and the entire cereal display.

She then told us that she had started a round of egg-things and sausage and that it would take 12 to 15 minutes. This precious time could be used, we agreed to hunt a starbucks as the coffee pot was empty too. Could understand if we had come to breakfast at the end of service time, but it was 7:35am.

Good value for the money overall. Ownership should consider loosing the breakfast and competing on super pricing.

Room Tip: If you arrive at night ask for a room with a view. Was in awe of the beautiful scenery when we walke...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Comfort Inn Birmingham - Irondale
#1 of 8 in Fultondale
Red Roof Inn Birmingham South
Red Roof Inn Birmingham South
#58 of 80 in Birmingham

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!