“Clean rooms terrifying night”

Red Roof Inn Birmingham South
Ranked #54 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Fort Wright, Kentucky
“Clean rooms terrifying night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room was clean, and it was a great price if you just need a bed. I was traveling quite a long distance and had only need a place to crash for the night. I was incredibly surprised at the state of the place, the grounds were nicely lit, there wasn't any trash anywhere (in the parking lot, hallways, or room), and my room was tidy. Breakfast was free and mas pretty typical (waffle machine, cereal, muffins, eggs, sausage).

Unfortunately the incompetence of the checking in staff kept me from obtaining my only goal for the night, sleep. She had placed me in room 324 but had forgotten to put anything in the system. At 1 in the morning I woke up to someone entering my room, because the night shift clerk had seen an empty room in the computer!! I cannot begin to relay how terrifying it is to be awakened by the sound of someone entering your room int he middle of the night. The clerk on third shift was very apologetic and accommodating. But that can't negate the fact that they booked two people into the same room! I am pretty sure that is covered in basic hotel 101 as a "no no".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Claire M
DeeDee083, Manager at Red Roof Inn Birmingham South, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time in writing this review. We do sincerely apologize for your inconvenience's that occurred here at the property. I would like for you to know that management is working very closely with the Maintenance Department on updating standers and protocols that must be met in order to satisfy all of our guest needs. Again we do sincerely apologize and hope to see you in the near future.

Front Desk Staff/Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Salinas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have to say, it was a great experience. We arrived at 11:30AM and were checked in and given our room right away. Which is very unusual as check in time is always at 3:00 PM. Average room, but very clean and comfortable. Almost every staff member greeted me as I walked through the hotel with a smile or "hello". I understand that this was not what everyone else experienced unfortunately. But I do have to mention that the hotel was hosting some sporting groups. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary H
DeeDee083, Manager at Red Roof Inn Birmingham South, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Baymont Inn & Suites and do hope to see you again in the near future.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had to unexpectedly stop in Birmingham overnight and had a wonderful experience from beginning to end. The facility met my needs to have a clean, conveniently located place to stay for one night. Although I didn’t use the pool, it looked clean and well maintained. Nice to have breakfast provided. Big parking lot. The WiFi signal was perfect. Access from/to I-65 was very convenient. Many restaurants near by. The front desk staff was very courteous and helpful. Kudos Manager.

Room Tip: Good rates!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank celiramos

De Funiak Spg. Fl.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I think this hotel is a party hotel.A place where people go to get drunk or do drugs.The reason I say this is when I arrived at the hotel there where 4 or 5 people hanging around the check in counter.They where obviously drunk or high on something. This should have told me to leave right then,but it was late so we stayed.Big mistake.When we got to the room there wasn't a refrigerator,or a microwave in the room, it was advertized .I asked the clerk about them she said that they had to be requested when the reservation was made.also the ice machine was broken and not working.All I got from the clerk about that was that there was nothing she could do about it. And forget about sleeping people where running outside the rooms all hours of the night,making a lot of noise.When we checked out I voiced my complaints but they didn't even act as if they cared.I have stayed at other Baymont Inns in the past,and I don't feel that this hotel comes close to Baymont Inns standards.I would rate this hotel a sleeze bag dive. They will not see me or my family there ever again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank johnDeFuniakSpg_Fl_
DeeDee083, Manager at Red Roof Inn Birmingham South, responded to this review, April 16, 2014

Front Desk Staff/Management
Birmingham,Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here just for a night when I Just needed a room. Great area and just a basic room. Didn't get to eat breakfast but the lobby and breakfast area were both inviting. I saw the pool and it was green but was told it had been treated. May have been something customers should have been told but for the price, it didn't matter.

Would recommend if in the area and just want a place to sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KaptivatingTraveler

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Days Inn Galleria-Birmingham
Quality Inn
#47 of 79 in Birmingham
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hoover/Birmingham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood

Been to Red Roof Inn Birmingham South? Share your experiences!