“so dirty we left”

Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stopped here for a one night stay. Walked in and the coffee service in the lobby was dirty, coffee old and barely warm, trash overflowing, and out of some items. Told the desk clerk and he got right on it. Checked in and went to our room. Window had bugs, alive and dead, and was very dirty on he inside, bathroom mirrior had toothpaste flecks all over it, hair was on the floor behind the bathroom door, and when I touched the tissue holder it fell off the wall. Moved to room 2 and was given a $15 gift card as an apology. That was an unexpected and nice touch. Same thing with dirty windows and bathroom mirrors and there was hair on the bed on both sides. Went to front desk and asked for the manager. She listened and said if the thrird room was not ok she would ake care of the bill. Made me feel a bit like she though I was being a mooch. Went to room 3. Pulled back the sheets and there were yellow stains on them. Enough for me. Went to the front desk, returned their gift card, told them I wanted to cancel the room. The clerk went and told the manager but she never stepped around the corner to talk to us. I told them I did not want a free room, I wanted a clean one and that i no longer had any confidence in their ability to provide that. Clerk called some other Hilton family hotels in the area and found where there were available rooms. I see some good reports on this hotel but it was certainly not my experiance.

Room Tip: Choose one in another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Hampton Inn C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I do understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Lissette

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good central location to Birmingham, very clean and quiet, friendly staff. Outside lighting very good, felt secure. Shopping and restaurants nearby, made for an enjoyable trip to Alabama. Would definitely use this hotel on my next trip to Birmingham.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have stayed here a hundred times. Wonderful, accommodating staff. Good facility. Convenient location. Good for business traveler. Quiet. Breakfast is excellent. Healthy and wholesome. Rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Michael M, thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We truly appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade when you travel! We look forward to having you back with us soon!!!

Hospitably,

Whitney Davis

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I did check out one day early but I told the front desk clerk and was still billed for the additional night. Other than that this property was good. The staff was good with the exception of the clerk that didn't check me out.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The location of the property was great The front desk help was very pleasant and helpful. Houskeeping was below standard. Wet towels were left in the bathroom floor, towels were not replenished daily and hte bath tub was extremely slippert. The internet access in my room was very slow.

1  Thank Beth T
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Our stay at Hampton Inn Colonnade in Birmingham once again exceeded our expectations. We have stayed there several times on our way to and from vacations in Florida and we have never been disappointed. Hampton Inns remain our first choice in hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Nelda K, we are pleased the Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade is your hotel of choice while passing through on your trips to the beautiful gulf coast!!! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have you as our valued guest and we look forward to having you back very soon!!!!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Room comfortable; staff great & breakfast perfect. Visit Birmingham annually in autumn to see leaves change. Colonnade location perfect; small lake nearby, close to Oak Mountain; excellent eating places within walking distance & several Department Stores/Malls nearby for early Christmas shopping.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Robert H, thank you for taking the time to share your most recent Hampton Inn Birmingham- Colonnade experience. We are thrilled that you love staying with us as much as we love having you!!!

Hospitably,