“Pleasant hotel and quiet.”

Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280
Ranked #27 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and had a comfortable stay. It is just off the I-459/US-280 so makes it very convenient to get to, although very quiet. It was clean but slightly dated. The mattresses appeared to be new which led to a good night's sleep, but we were a little unsure if the bedding was new as the sheets didn't seem to fit the bed. That is the only minor negative observation. A/C worked perfectly if a little noisy. We had a tasty, free hot breakfast each morning which included a lovely fresh fruit salad. When we met the manager he was extremely pleasant and proud of his hotel. Right across the road were an array of restaurants which completed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton many times over the past 5 years. It has been renovated, but still doesn't match the other Hampton's in the area. The H/AC controls have been finally hooked up and are working better with no exposed wiring by the unit. The towels in the room are not as fresh as other Hamptons. The bathrooms could be cleaner. Breakfast was OK but still didn't offer very fresh fruit. Service was good as usual.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed May 6, 2013

After spending days in a wet tent at Talladega we were relieved to finally stay in a warm dry bed! The staff was extremely curteous and helpful! Manager Joe even helped us load up our truck in the rain. We've never seen a hotel manager do that. We also received a military discount which was quite nice. Overall our hotel experience was all we could ask for!

• Stayed: May 2013
Hampton Inn C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you so very much for the fantastic review!! We here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade strive to insure that each and every guests experience with us is just as you’ve described!!! We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Upon arriving at this Hampton, I was pleased with the surroundings. It is in a nice part of town with a beautiful fountain at a building across the street, landscaping was nicely done and there are several restaurant within walking distance. The front desk clerk greeted us with a smile and check in was quick.
Once in the room, it wasn't as clean as the Hampton's usually are. The bathroom counter hadn't been cleaned properly and there was a dead spider in the floor. The tub/shower was not up to par either. Housekeeping could do better here.
Breakfast met the Hampton standard of several years back, but not today. A better breakfast is included in most other chain hotels of this price range.
All in all, I have stayed in worse but this one could use some work.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

On behalf of Hampton Inn Colonnade, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. We strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. Upon thorough review of the situation, we have taken the necessary steps with housekeeping and breakfast to ensure that this will not happen again.
We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.
Lissette Burski

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was recommended as convenient to my 8am appointment the next day and it was certainly that. But otherwise it fails on every level. Lobby is dark and seedy-looking and the hallways have smelly carpet which must have been salvaged from an old No-Tell Motel. The room lived up to the expectations created by first impression - same crummy carpet and dusty surfaces everywhere. Despite having advertised itself as having a no-smoking campus, the hotel must have instituted this policy only last week as the smell of stale smoke was everywhere - pillows, shower curtain, duvet, etc. I was impressed by one thing as I entered: the pool is equipped with a wheelchair lift - I thought "How amazing - this must be a good place for anyone who is handicapped!" Not so. The bathroom has a small tub, doubtless from the same salvage which yielded the carpet, and a toilet meant for a kindergarten restroom. I did not sample the breakfast offerings as I observed a cook emerging from the kitchen clad in a filthy apron. Maybe this meant he had worked hard on the breakfast.
Really hate to give poor review to a Hampton Inn which is usually among the most reliable hotels. This one is a disgrace to the chain and should be exiled from the group!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Josephine8647
Hampton Inn C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize to you. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed in creating a memorable experience. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.
Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
Lissette H. Burski

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Roomy long table in lounge is ideal for meetings, large groups, or a group of teens (all of which I'd seen staying here). Desk staff friendly, attentive. Best feature of this location is being an easy walk to excellent dining: Edgars bakery cafe, Taziki's (Greek),barbecue, taverns, Cracker Barrel...can walk across a street to them! Also, spa and other shops, and a movie theatre 3 min. drive. Just off 280/31.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stay at about 30 Hampton Inns per year. This was towards the worst I have stayed at. Not terrible, but well below average. Dirty, finishes in poor repair, bare bones breakfast. Got a good nights sleep, but would not return. Good location for my needs. Based on the other comments I have seen, sounds like a poorly led hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you experienced some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing excellent service to our guests and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.