“I Loved It!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Hoover, Alabama, United States
“I Loved It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Howard Johnson was a great place to stay. The beds were big and comfortable and the staff was delightful. The rooms were spacious and clean, I had no issues at all. I would give this place 5 stars and recommend it to anyone. It was in a nice location, very settled back but it still gave the visitor a view of the city. Not only was the view okay, but it also has a convient location, it is surrounded by fast food and seating resturants. No, Howard Johnson isn't the Hilton, but it is what you pay for. The prices are logical and fair.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are less hassle!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bluefield, West Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room was ok, I mean it was clean but half the outlets didn't work and the door was warped at the bottom and didn't seal correctly making it very noisy at night. Their system wasnt working when we arrived so luckily i had printed off my reciept or who knows how long before i would have gotten a room. Very shady looking people roaming the parking lot. On the good side it was close to everything.

Room Tip: Dont stay on the highway side. way to noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hannah_Johanna, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for staying at our Howard Johnson! We are happy that you were pleased with the cost and cleanliness of the room. If you ever have issues with the noise please let us know at check in that you would like a room facing away from the interstate--we will do our best to accomodate you. We hope to see you again soon.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I needed a place to stay while some major renovations were being done at my apartment. The price was right and it was close to work. I really wasn't expecting much for the price, but the rooms were good and it was a quiet stay. Desk staff was good. My first room had a smell to it, like smoke but when I talked to the guy at the desk they moved me right away. I don't eat breakfast, but I saw that it was offered to those who wanted it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Milton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I saw 2 boys in the next room exchanging $ for drugs. I requested a room change & got the 2nd floor because the bottom floor was booked. Dads disabled & was very upset to find out there were rooms available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Hannah_Johanna, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We are very sorry you were not happy with your room change. We try and keep our guests on the floor of their preference, however, due to the upgrades to some of our rooms not all rooms on a floor are available for guest use. If you do not receive adequate assistance, ask to speak to a manager and we will work to make things right.