“Great service”

Birmingham Marriott
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have stayed at over 50 global Marriott hotels over 20 years. However, I remember how great the service from just a few of them over the years. In Birmingham Alabama, Tonya, Sydney, Collee were some of the best of my memory! Tonya helped me every night with room service, wake up calls and a few issues in my room. She was really good and made me feel as if I was at home. When you travel there is nothing that beats someone that genuinely cares about you.

Sydney and Collee at the front desk were always great giving me personalized service and a level of customer service that went above and beyond what I would have expected.

I am a very big proponent of Marriott, and Tonya, Sydney and Collee are the reasons I come back time after time to this property in Birmingham. I am a big fan of this hotel because of them.

I greatly appreciate everything they do for me each week.

Randy

Room Tip: Good business hotel with good amenities. Stay for the great staff.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
AGM2010, Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at our hotel, I am glad to hear that we can be your home away from home. These kind words go a long way, and they will be shared with the entire staff in order to recognize our wonderful front desk team. We know they are rock stars, and it is refreshing to have that reiterated by our loyal guests.

Please let me know when you are returning to Birmingham, and we look forawrd to your next visit!

Matt Sterley
Matt.Sterley@Marriott.com

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were on a weekend vacation in Birmingham and we stayed at the Marriott Birmingham located at 3590 Grandview Parkway. We arrived late and we were extremely tired. I was very pleased with the doorman's presence and professionalism upon entering the hotel, he made us feel very welcomed. The front Guest Service Representative was very pleasant and easy to talk with. She was able to accomodate our requests and print out directions for our destination the next morning. She was also very knowledgable of the area and was able to direct us to shops and restaurants. I would definitely be willing to stay there again if we ever go back to Birmingham.

Room Tip: The corner room suites are a little more spacious so ask for one if you can. One of the downsides o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
AGM2010, Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Yvonne,

Thank you vey much for the kind words. We certainly hope to see you again soon!

When you do come back to see us please let any of our Team know that you would like a refridgerator and/or microwave and we will have one sent to your room right away.

Take Care...

Michael.Hogan2@Marriott.com

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This property exemplifies what I like best about the Marriott chain; consistency. Some take service levels to a very high degree and the Birmingham Marriott is definitely one of those properties. Well trained and attentive staff provides that "at home" feeling that you seldom get at other chains. Makes you want to return again and again. Great property with the customary spacious rooms and Marriott furnishings.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. We are very proud of our entire Team and their commitment to each and every guest. It is always nice when we can share reviews such as these with them and even better when these kind words are expressed to other travelers.

Please let me know when you are returning to Birmingham and we look forawrd to your next visit!

Michael.Hogan2@Marriott.com

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Marriott is the only place I stay when I'm Birmingham. Service is continually above and beyond, especially when Tonya is in charge of my stay. Everyone here is superior in every way.
You must try the incredible dessert created by Chef Scott -- Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding! The man is a genius to have developed this confection. Light yet dense, sweet and delicious.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
AGM2010, Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedack on your xperience with the Birmingham Marriott. We appreciate having had the opportunity to provide you with a memorable experience and look forward to having you back with us very soon. Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to Birmingham as Scott, Tonya and myself would all like to be a part of your next visit!

P: 205.968.4502
michael.hogan2@marriott.com

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This Marriott is as classy and as comfortable as you would expect from a Marriott. The service and staff were so sweet and so very helpful. The only negative was the indoor pool. Its very small and smells strongly of chlorine. No hot tub either. But otherwise an A++ stay as usual. My favorite of all the Birmingham stays

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelReviewsByAlisa
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I travel to many marriotts but they are so warm and welcoming here! From the minute you check in they really care. From maintenance to restaurant this group is great. It is a joy to come here. How ever they hire and train here much to be proud. Thanks for your care and service. When they say my pleasure they mean it!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here the second time and enjoyed the area and location. The hotel is well maintained in in a very good condition. The rooms looks like other Marriotts and are very clean. The hotel is near to an highway and interstate but you don´t hear anything. The fitness area is great and shows enough different opportunities to enjoy your workout. Breakfast is a buffet and your can order eggs, omeletts, pan cakes or waffles. The best in the hotel are the employees, every time they are friendly and helpful. I will definetely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business