All reviews complimentary breakfast is mini fridge rooms are spacious king bed great place to stay staff was very friendly next morning bagels front desk staff one night stay couch ty summit housekeeper highway alabama
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Room was spacious, plenty of room, large TV, nice bathroom with powerful fan, hot water. Two twin beds were both comfortable but probably a little too soft for my taste, but many people like the really soft beds--no noticeable valleys and hills in the matresseses. Lobby is nice, but unlike less expensive hotels which have free coffee for guests checking in, you will be charged for coffee.

The only cons I noticed were the gym, a slippery slope down from the parking area into the lobby, and some traffic getting into and out of the hotel due to the road being a main artery for shopping centers dumping near interstate. The gym has some nice, functional running machines and cycles and towels, but the water was out and the A/C was on the fritz...it was fine if you are planning on sweating and brought your own water but it would be nice to have some AC. I saw some people slipping on the painted fake rocks used as a ramp into the lobby....probably safer to go with grooved concrete or a wood slat ramp.

1  Thank Shady J
Reviewed September 20, 2018

I was there for a business meeting, and was greeted and cared for with a quick and courteous manner, which was very welcomed after a long day of flying. Conveniently located near plenty of restaurants.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
YehoshuaY1, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope you will remember us if you should return to Birmingham, Alabama.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

We are mainly RVers so when we go to a hotel we like it to be nice. The reservations I made through AAA were a very reasonable rate. We chose this hotel because they accepted pets for a fee that was reasonable, also.

The room is spacious with a corner couch that makes into a bed. We did not use it as a bed, however it was a very nice area for watching TV or using the computer.

Room was furnished with king bed. Pleased with that, although I should have asked for an additional blanket as the one on the bed was thin for my liking. Plenty of pillows and towels and soap and shampoos.

There is a small kitchen sink, fridge and coffee maker. There is a desk with connections.

My suggestion would be to add a small microwave since the kitchen area is already there. Also there is only one trash basket in the desk area and another one is needed in the bathroom.

Bath and shower area are nice. Would add a shelf in the bath area to hold small items.

The breakfast was only okay. We bring it back to the room and it was tepid, so a microwave would be helpful with that.

For some reason hallway temperature wasn't very cool and it was a very hot time of year. Also, there is only one ice machine for the entire hotel and I would recommend adding them to each floor.

Overall, we were pleased and would use this hotel again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am elated that you enjoyed your stay and I really appreciate you taking the time, to fill out your survey and for your constructive criticism.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Very undesirable mold/mildew smell on 4th floor and in room. Mini fridge did not work and resulted in waste of food. Told staff on first night and she said someone would fix the next day. Came back and not fixed. Told staff again and they said wasn't logged but now did. She did not seem sorry about the matter. Electrical wiring for lights in room up to par? Older tv with bad reception. Line to call staff was always busy when we tried about 8 times.

1  Thank richtj81

Thank you for taking the time to complete your survey. I would like to personally apologize, for the bad customer service you encountered, during your stay. Please know that this is the exception and not the rule and I will review this thoroughly with all departments. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you, if you return to the Birmingham area.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

I am very disappointed with the service/hotel/room experience I had in my stay. I booked a double bed online, and when checking in, they told me it a was a full size bed and a pull out couch. The sink on the wet bar leaked, there was hair in the bathroom. I asked for extra pillows for the pull out couch, and I never got them, the hotel was understaffed, we order food and it was horrible and it took an hour, and when we got the food the order was incomplete. Overall it was the worst experience at a hotel I have ever had.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

It is our goal to provide excellent customer service to each guest and it saddens me that you had such a disappointing stay. There is no excuse for the lack of cleanliness, in your room and although there should be an extra pillow in the closet of each room, the staff should've expeditiously delivered additional pillows, at your request. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We will use this as a training tool, to show our associates how to better service the needs of our guest in a timely manner. Thank you for staying with us and hopefully you will give us another try.