“Great hotel!”

Ranked #9 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Atlanta
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel and we would definitely stay here again. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. The only negative is the traffic on Hwy 280. We wished we had found this hotel during all of our parents weekend visits!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here last year when came to Birmingham for the first time. I really loved the restaurant choices and the close mall, I went to the movies, I went dinner. It was a really relaxing stay at this hotel. I really believe that there is no greater value than the Hyatt Place Brand.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Overall this was a pretty nice hotel. They have about the fastest check-in I've ever experienced. It took maybe 5 minutes if that. The room I was in was huge. There was a full sized sectional sofa along with two queen beds and a large flat screen tv mounted to the wall. I couldn't give this hotel a 5 because of the bathroom. My bathroom was small with a very low ceiling and low lighting. The shower pressure was ridiculously high. The pressure was so hard that the shower curtain couldn't contain it and inevitably left a puddle on the floor each time. Other than that, it was a pretty good stay. I heard great things about the breakfast although I didn't experience it first hand.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked a stay for two rooms on HotWire (had a great rate) and was very happy. The rooms were spacious and clean, the staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was excellent (pancakes, egg/bacon sandwiches, and more...)! The showers in the rooms had good pressure too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jon J
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The title says pretty much all of it. We got in very late after a long drive from Dallas. The door was locked since we arrived at 2 am. The night auditor/front office agent was quick to open it. He greeted us with a great sense of humor and got us into our room quickly. Beds were comfortable and since there were four of us (me, wife, son & daughter) the roominess of the room was greatly appreciated. Sofa bed was great. The room was also immaculate and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast is one of the better free ones and the presentation is excellent. If you can do it consider this chain which is slightly above a Holiday Inn Express and affordable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The hotel located just outside of Birmingham was a pleasant stop during our recent travels. My only concern is that it appeared to be understaffed. The hotel checking was personal and friendly, and the hotel room was clean. It was older, but well maintained, The pool was nice, and the water pressure in this hotel was like nothing I've ever experienced!! The shower was like a fire hose! The complimentary breakfast was adequate, but chaotic. It was though guests had never seen food before, and it was a feeding frenzy, manners completely forgotten. This isn't however a reflection of the hotel. They tried to appeal to their guests with a variety of hot foods and choices....

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Louisville, KY
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Whenever possible, I always try to stay at a Hyatt Place. The rooms are spacious, the hot breakfast is delicious and they always have great snacks in the lobby. This Hyatt Place was no exception.

I came in - traveling with five of my friends and one dog - checked into my room and asked for a restaurant suggestion. Big thanks to Logan at the front desk. He not only gave some recommendations, he actually found a list of ALL the restaurants in the area. He even helped bake me a peanut butter chunk cookie later. Thanks, Logan!

We had a great dinner and a very restful sleep (despite a hotel FULL of loud children - some kind of baseball tournament). The hotel took a ton of extra steps to keep the kids in check and make sure other guests were able to enjoy their stay. It was much appreciated.

My favorite thing, however, about this hotel was the shower. I HATE it when hotels give you a wimpy shower that barely gets you wet. This shower had excellent water pressure. It felt like standing in a warm hurricane. PERFECT! Definitely the best shower ever.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. If you are in the Birmingham area, this should be your spot!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends