“The complete package”

Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness
Ranked #14 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here while in town for my daughter's beauty pageant. The price was great, the room is spacious by any standard. It would be called a Junior Suite at most hotels. The partitioned room make it comfortable for the whole family to be in the room at the same time. But, the best part has been the staff. They have been so nice and accomodating. It is like they want to keep working for your business after you get here. Even when we pass the staff in the hall, they speak and ask if there is anything that they can do to make your stay better. We have engaged with 5-6 different staff members and they have all been superb.

The rooms are nice and clean. Showers are great. I have paid twice as much for half the experience. This is just a nice and well run hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cubhatter

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband & I spent three nights here, we had stayed here previously and I must say the staff is just as friendly and helpful as they were on our last visit. The hotel is very clean and very well maintained. They have a nice complimentary breakfast each morning. The location is very convenient to many excellent restaurants, movie theatres, etc. We will definitely stay again!

1  Thank Donna C
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Picked this hotel because of past experiences at Hyatt Place and the price. We were traveling to Georgia for Christmas and wanted a good clean hotel to stop for the night. Checked prices in Birmingham before leaving on the trip and found a great deal, which was well below what I usually pay for a Hyatt Place stay. I'm guessing it was special pricing for the holiday, not sure. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and professional. I will stay at this hotel again on future trips and recommend to others.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel because the price was very low for a Hyatt. I figured it would be nice but it was much nicer than I expected! The room was spacious with a huge sofa & a flat screen tv that you could turn for the living area or bed. The room had a desk & also a wet bar with mini fridge. It had a partial divider with two double beds. The beds were comfy & the linens were nice. I really liked the pillows! The bathroom was nice and had a huge vanity area to put all your stuff on. Room was clean & nicely decorated. My only complaint is the A/c is not very loud. Even on high fan it could not muffle all of the noise in the hallway. I guess next time I will just bring my own fan since I am a light sleeper..Oh another good perk is the free breakfast. They had ham & egg english muffins, steel cooked oats, fruit, waffles, etc. They went above & beyond with their breakfast. Best free breakfast I ever had! The staff was extremely nice and friendly as well. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 15, 2012

On a long driving trip, we stopped unexpectedly at this hotel - - without a reservation. The staff was superb, the price reasonable, and the accommodations top notch. Great, friendly service in the cafe/bar was frosting on the cake.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We recently stayed at Hyatt Place while having our hardwood floors refinished. I chose this hotel based on its proximity to my house and on reviews. As others have said, the service is very attentive and friendly. I was not out of the room long enough for housekeeping service one day, and the staff made a phone call and put something under my door inquiring about our need for housekeeping. I think this being a "3 star" hotel is appropriate. It doesn't have the feel of a 4-star hotel to which I've become accustomed when traveling but is nicely decorated and has a large flat-screen TV as nice as ones in 4-star hotels. For out-of-towners, I would recommend this part of town for access to restaurants, shopping, etc. but just know that there is lots of traffic during rush-hour.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have held many meetings here, bringing in people from all over the country. The feedback from these savvy travelers is always very complimentary. The accommodations and amenities are what you expect at Hyatt Place: Nice updated rooms with space, hot breakfast, free wifi, nice bar and coffee service. The location is fantastic for access to roads and lots of good food and shopping. Good shuttle service too. All that is worth a good review but it's the people working there who put it over the top, and they are always going out of their way to help, accommodate, assist and serve with grace.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business