“Drive past - don't ever ever stay here.”

Days Inn Birmingham/West
Ranked #57 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Dreadful stay - no food - cook had gone home ill. Area ruff. Room stank of cat's p. I ended catching some bug and went home ill as well. Don't ever stay there.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank SallieKent
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Birmingham/West

Reviewed September 5, 2009

I reserved the room with this hotel online and upon viewing the photos on the days inn website thought this would be a descent place to stay for the price. I was so wrong!!! my daughter had to be in the hospital at childrens in birmingham for a bone marrow biopsy.. her rest was very important. Upon arriving the first thing I noticed was the neighborhood.. and I do mean "hood". The surrounding neighborhood was horrifying.. our first question to the front desk person was "is it safe"? Tired and ready to rest we checked in and upon opening the door to our room the smell was awful.. the room smelled like death. The sheets were filthy.. there was dried something all over the table and the ironing board. The phone was so overcrusted with filth I was afraid to touch it to complain. We wouldn't even let our child touch anything. Calling from our cell phone to inform the desk staff that we would not be staying.. the man at the desk began yelling at me to exit his room immediately. Needless to say my husband was in rare form upon approaching the front desk to get our refund. We were not charged a cancellation fee!!! This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen. How the health department can in good concious pass such a dump I will never know. I hope that my experience steers some other unsuspecting family clear of this establishment... and we didn't even get to discussing the swampy green pool!!!lol.

We found a wonderful days inn on exit 252 Hoover exit off of I65 going towards Montgomery.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank amberpvhs
Reviewed August 15, 2009

It's nearly midnight, and we are comfortably ensconced at the Hampton Inn. We just arrived here after leaving the Days Inn at 905 11th Court West in Birmingham. I have never stayed in a hotel that bad in my life. We found bedbugs. The whole room felt damp on arrival, and we didn't realize we had a problem until we got bitten. Disgusting. And the man at the desk was unbelievable -- he tried to charge me a $15 cancellation fee. Heck, he could have PAID me $500 and I would still sit down and write this review. It was horrid.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mguerard
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We wholeheartedly disagree with the awful comments made previously about this hotel. We found the room to be very clean. The bed was way more comfortable than the one we slept in the next night in a much more pricey hotel in TN, and the a/c worked much better, also. Unless you count my husband's snoring :), the noise level was almost nonexistent, and we were on the highway side of the building. Easy access after exiting interstate. Friendly, efficient staff on check-in and check-out. The only real complaints we had were very trivial and will not prevent us from staying here again if needing a place to stay in the area. We would have preferred to have been able to have gotten our breakfast and taken it back to the room. Also, we would have liked to have watched CBS on TV, but the CBS station was not available due to a satellite problem.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I should have taken the advice of the others who had stayed here.... I learned my lesson. You get what you pay for and I paid but did NOT stay..NIGHTMARE!! The first room that was offered to us had dirty bed sheets, pubic hair in it and what looked to be like some type of bug. Then the second room and the last one available for the night (around 11 pm) smelt awful like cat urine. I have asthma and allergies and I probably would have had a major attack if I had stayed there. IT was so NASTY!! Avoid this place at all a costs... I didn't get a refund as the hotel manger said he checked that room himself and it was fine, well I guess being that he is from India (no offense to anyone) he is use to that type of smell??? I was charged a $15.00 cancelation fee, I hope they take that money and spray down that room with some disinfectant. This is not American owned. They spend more money on the landsacping then they do the rooms.
After driving around with 3 tired kids we found a nice place to stay, it costs a little more but it was well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank lbeachlover_9
Reviewed June 28, 2009

So me and a group of girls were booked on a job that was in birmingham. Our agent booked us this motel because it looked clean on the website and it was at a good price. Well... it was far from nice and completely discusting! The first thing is when we pulled up and saw all the trash that was hangin around. Filthy hookers, nasty men... very scetchy people.After checking in.. we walked up to our rooms and could smell the smoke outside of them already. Opened the doors and they smelt like urine and smoke. We had to spray all of our perfumes combined just so we could stand the smell! After a long day i was tired and just wanted to sleep. So as I was lifting the nasty covers i smelt and saw PEE all over the sheets and matress. I called the front desk raging and all he was going to do was change the sheets..lol. I demanded a new room immediately. They gave us one but it wasn't any better. We woke up the next day sweating because the power at the hotel went off in the middle of the night... needless to say it was nasty and i do not recommend this hotel to anyone at all.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank tiffanilea
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I disagree with the bad reviews in here about Days inn. Maybe the management has changed. But I stayed here for 2 nights in June 2009 and found the place really good. Its not top-notch agreed, but you get what you pay for. The room was clean, bedsheets, bathroom, everything. The neighbourhood was nothing dangerous and there were no shady persons hanging around. I recommend it for people who want to just crash for the night and not worry about luxuries.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank musafir_no_786
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Days Inn Galleria-Birmingham
#58 of 80 in Birmingham
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#45 of 80 in Birmingham

Been to Days Inn Birmingham/West? Share your experiences!