“STAY AWAY... FAR FAR AWAY!!!!!!”

Days Inn Birmingham/West
Ranked #57 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
nashville
“STAY AWAY... FAR FAR AWAY!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2009

So me and a group of girls were booked on a job that was in birmingham. Our agent booked us this motel because it looked clean on the website and it was at a good price. Well... it was far from nice and completely discusting! The first thing is when we pulled up and saw all the trash that was hangin around. Filthy hookers, nasty men... very scetchy people.After checking in.. we walked up to our rooms and could smell the smoke outside of them already. Opened the doors and they smelt like urine and smoke. We had to spray all of our perfumes combined just so we could stand the smell! After a long day i was tired and just wanted to sleep. So as I was lifting the nasty covers i smelt and saw PEE all over the sheets and matress. I called the front desk raging and all he was going to do was change the sheets..lol. I demanded a new room immediately. They gave us one but it wasn't any better. We woke up the next day sweating because the power at the hotel went off in the middle of the night... needless to say it was nasty and i do not recommend this hotel to anyone at all.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank tiffanilea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Michigan
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I disagree with the bad reviews in here about Days inn. Maybe the management has changed. But I stayed here for 2 nights in June 2009 and found the place really good. Its not top-notch agreed, but you get what you pay for. The room was clean, bedsheets, bathroom, everything. The neighbourhood was nothing dangerous and there were no shady persons hanging around. I recommend it for people who want to just crash for the night and not worry about luxuries.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank musafir_no_786
Atlanta
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Considering the choices you have on Arkadelphia Rd and US 78, this was not such a bad hotel. I read the reviews after I arrived home from AL, and I have to say that my experience was not comparable to the posted reviews. Continental breakfast was good (after all its free) and the room I received was in good shape. I stayed 2 nights and no incident occured in the parking lot or inside the hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2009

I didnt wake up on the "Sunny Side" at this days inn. Pour service by manager who cared nothing about the bulb being blown above the sink in the powder puff area. Had no lights there, very angry about that. Not American owned. Pets have a garbage area to do business in, which has broken glass and othe debris to walk in, NOT RECOMMENDED to anyone!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank buuger
North Little Rock, AR
Reviewed October 7, 2008

I can not even find the appropriate words to describe how horribe my stay at this hotel was. I pulled in here after driving for a long time and needed to get some sleep. The location was convenient being right off the interstate. I should have followed my gut instincts when the clerk appeared to be messed up on some kind of drugs. But, I was exhausted and just wanted to go to bed. It was hard to find parking b/c there were stacks of old mattresses in the parking spaces. Not to mention the transients laying on top of the stacks smoking. There was a very undesirable looking man wandering around near the hotel. I actually waited for these people to go away before I got out of my car. The room was a nightmare! Very nasty carpet, cigarette burns on the desk, TV, & the blanket. The towels were anything but white. The electrical outlets did not work in the bathroom. The shower area of the bathroom was dark and dingy. There were doors slamming all night long and you could hear people yelling. I managed to get about an hour of sleep. I was awakened at 6:15 a.m. by a very loud noise. I got up, showered and decided to at least get something out of $69.99 ($1.00 would have been too much!) and go eat the free continental breakfast. Another mistake!!! I spit out my bagel after one bite, the cream cheese was spoiled. The muffins were stale and the whole breakfast area seemed a bit unkempt. I then checked out and got away from there as fast as possible. Don't let the exterior in the photo fool you, this place is a DIVE! I have called 1-800 customer service for Days Inn, made a report of all the aforementioned remarks, was given a report number and told someone would be contacting me within 10 days. DO NOT stay at this place. Don't even stop in the neighborhood, keep driving and find somewhere else for your own good.

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank desimurph
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed September 4, 2008

My husband, son, dog and I were on our way to TN evacuating from Hurricane Gustav. After 13 hours of driving b/c of traffic we knew we had to stop. We called numerous hotels in the area but none were available except for this one. Now we know why! First we were parking (it was 1am) & 2 guys in a car signaled to me to roll down my window. I thought they needed help so I did. He holds up this electronic item with big price stickers on it (probably just stole it) and told me he'd give me a good deal on it. Then we walk into the room & everything was wet in it b/c they had the a/c off & it was so humid in there. The bathroom was smaller than a bathroom on a cruise ship. I felt as if a murder had been committed in that hotel room it was so disgusting! Having evacuated we had a lot of stuff in the truck & I thought for sure it was going to get stolen. Even though it was 1am my husband immediately started calling other hotels to get us out of there. Although we had to stick it out there for one night we did manage to find another hotel an hour away. I even think they overcharged us just b/c we were evacuees. We paid $100 for the night & when I called the 1-800 number the next morning to check the price the guy told me that he could not give me a past rate if I booked directly through the hotel. He could only give it to me if I booked through the 1-800 # and had a confirmation number. Pretty convenient isn't it?

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Gulf Shores
Reviewed August 23, 2008

Saw the website pictures and thought it looked nice and was a good value. So, I booked the room for a week. It was a mistake! It was dirty and had a lot of low life people staying there. Prostitutes, pot heads, and people wandering around all over the place. The pool was a "cess-pool". It stank, and there was a condom wrapper in it. I will NEVER stay there again

• Liked — The employee named Nimit was very friendly, but he was the only one.
  • Disliked — Rundown hotel that is ghetto.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank miasharona
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Comfort Inn
#56 of 79 in Birmingham
Days Inn Fultondale
Days Inn Fultondale
#1 of 7 in Fultondale

Been to Days Inn Birmingham/West? Share your experiences!