“Bed Bugs watch out!!”

Ranked #56 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Griffin, Georgia
“Bed Bugs watch out!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. First off the room smelled like dog pee and stinky armpits....there was a burn hole in the bedding that went through all the way to the sheets....so either the maid did it or the sheets were not changed.....When we woke up we saw a bug crawling on the bed then lifted up the sheets and there were bed bugs. We immediately let the manager know of the problem which he didn't seem like it was the first time he heard of this due to his reaction. If it was me I would be calling the pest control service right then and there and I would want to come check out the room to see how bad the problem was. If you have recently stayed here.....you might wanna burn your clothes and check your mattress at home!!

Room Tip: Do Not come here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank terria652

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The personnel give great service. I liked the nice clean rooms. the hotel is close to many attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Last minutes discovery and based on a budget. Major family crises leaving my son-in-law at the Spain Rehab w/a spinal injury @ UAB. This hotel was one of the best I had stayed at. Spent a week. The staff was so friendly and helpful. My grandchildren had to stay with me for 4 days. They accommodated them to the fullest. They would turn the cartoon channel on the minute we walked in so the kids could watch them while eating their breakfast. They visited and made them feel comfortable as we'll. One morning the apple juice machine was not working. When it was fixed they made it their priority to see to it they got their apps juice. Highly recommended. I also did not see seedy people around as well. Security and cleanliness was evident. Thank you for making our stay comfortable with the situation at hand.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Despence
daysinn14951, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Birmingham/West, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
The entire Days Inn Staff would like to thank for allowing us to provide your family with "Sunsational" guest service during your stay with us.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Let me first apologize by saying my husband booked this motel; he has different criteria. This "motel" was pleasing to look at, but that was all. The chairs in our room looked as though they had been secured from a rummage sale. The clock was unplugged (no visible outlet) amd when I asked why, neither the manager on duty nor the cleaning person could tell me why, nor plug it back in! There was coffee grinds still in the basket, so needless to say it probably had not been cleaned. My husband and I, along with 3 grandchildren were in our room. There were 3 towels, so we asked for more. Had to go the desk to get them. When the cleaning person appeared the following day, we asked her to leave extra towels. She said she could only leave 3; we would have to get the rest from the front desk. My husband also had to go to the desk to get an extra roll of toilet tissue since there was only 1/2 roll on the roller, and no spare! In my daughter's room, they had to hold the telephone cord in the phone to use it, otherwise it just popped out and you lost the connection. Whatever they're making in profit, they're not spending on maintenance.

The room looked clean, but the coffee pot convinced me that it probably wasn't. Pets were allowed, although I didn't see any. However, that alone would have deterred me from booking this motel. The shower and toilet were in one area. If you sat on the toilet, you could rest your arm on the tub. Minute is not the word for that space.

I wouldn't recommend this motel to someone I didn't like. Book at your own risk!

Room Tip: The tip would be not to choose this motel. In my opinion, there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank VALUEHUNTER_13
We strive to ensure that each guest has an exceptional stay with us.We are working to resolved the issues listed in your review. We hope if given the opportunity in the future we can exceed your expectations by providing you with great accommadations and sunsational custom service.
Winnsboro, Louisiana
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My daughter was competing at the Tiger Rock World Championships in Birmingham. Thought this would be a great hotel from some of the reviews and from the pictures on their website. I was completely wrong. When we arrived, I was shocked at the state of the hotel. The pictures definitely were taken to present their "best side". We checked in and went to our room. The AC was turned off and it was HOT inside. Turned the AC on and it would cool for a minute and then shut off. I went directly to the front desk and asked them to check the AC because we had to leave for the tournament. I also asked if we could be moved to another room and I was told that they were booked up. When we came back to the room that night, the AC was turned off. I turned it on and it had the same problem. I went back to the front desk and asked if we could be moved to another room, since it didn't look like they were full. Of course, that would be too much trouble. I then asked if i could just cancel the reservation and was told that we had stayed too long. I tried to explain to the clerk that we hadn't actually stayed in the room thirty minutes, but I was told I would have to pay for that night. I emailed the corporate office to try to get a refund or some sort of compensation for the horrible experience. They "investigated" the room, and I was told (by email) that the AC unit in the room was brand new! Funny, I would have figured a brand new AC wouldn't freeze up in a minute and would still have the knobs (knobs? wouldn't a brand new AC have a digital thermostat?). I'm attaching the email I received from their "investigation". Note the grammar that was used.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank terryallan09
We strive to ensure that you have an exceptional stay with us. We are prepared to resolve any situation that does not meet our high standards. As your Host, we are empowered to meet and exceed your needs in a time manner.We are working to resolved the issues listed in your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Days Inn Galleria-Birmingham
Comfort Inn
#46 of 80 in Birmingham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood

Been to Days Inn Birmingham/West? Share your experiences!