“Very Quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Birmingham/West

Days Inn Birmingham/West
Ranked #56 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Matress and pillows are in need of replacement. Reception of major TV networks (ABC, NBC, CBS) is snowy at best. Noisy location with Interstate 20 on the south, Highway 78 on the east, and train tracks near by. Sink very slow draining and unidentifiable stains in bathtub. Definitely not a hotel I'd visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
LIBERTY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My stay at the Days Inn in Birmingham, Alabama was dissapointing. Upon arrival, checkin was very smooth and I had my room keys in a few minutes. I have no complaints about the checkin and checkout process.
When I arrived in my room, I was dissapointed. The rooms was extremely small and the bathroom was one of the smallest I had ever seen. There were black stains in the floor of the bath tube and black mold-like stains on the shower curtains. The bath tube was in a state that I would not shower without sandals on. The cleanliness of the rest of the room upon arrival was moderate at best.
Our stay in Birmingham was for 1 week, and in that week the cleaning personell didn't do much more than make our bed. I fixed coffee on the first monring that I was there and that same coffee stayed in the coffee pot the entire week. The coffee maker was disgusting looking and didn't taste much better so I intentionaly left the coffee to see how long it would stay uncleaned. On Tuesday, after a long day of hard work, we returned to the room and found that the beds were made but all of our linens layed in the exact same spot that we left them. The fact that the beds were made told us the cleaning crew came in the room, but they didn't do anything more than make the beds. We had to walk to the front desk and request more towels since we were not given new towels. On Thursday, again after a long day, we returned to the room and no cleaning crew had been there at all that day. Again, we had to go to the front desk and request more towells. The beds were not made and our linens were where we left them, and the coffee was still in the pot 4 days later.
The breadfast was also dissapointing. All that was served at breakfast was a waffle maker, some store bought mini cinnamon rolls and cereal. I look foward to the continental breakfast provided at hotels, but this in my book was unacceptable. I went out for breakfast every morning, becuase there was nothing worth having at the hotel.
Upon ending my stay at the hotel, checkout went very smoothly and again I have no complaints about the checkin and checkout process.
In my opinion the hotel was a place to rest my head and for that I thank you, but I can assure you that I will never use Days Inn on another business trip in the future. This hotel was unacceptable, and no matter how much or how little you pay if the service is not there then how can you expect the cleanliness to be any better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business