“Horrible Customer Service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed June 23, 2009

At first glance, I was quite pleased with the appearance of the hotel. i had received an e mail the day before our stay saying we could check in at 1:00 pm. It was a three hour drive from our home so we left at about 10:00 am. We got to the hotel at 12:50 and when my husband went inside he was told that we would have to wait until 1:00 to check in. Seemed kind of ridiculous but we decided to drive around and look at the area. We returned to the hotel at 1:30 and once again my husband went inside to check in. This time he was told that we couldn't check in until 3:00 because there had been a large group there the night before and they had checked out late. The rooms were not ready and housekeeping was behind. I went inside and raised hell and finally the woman said well I have a room on the fourth floor that is ready but there are no towels, they will have to bring them later. I said fine and checked in. We went up to our room which was very nice and we unpacked and took a nap. At about 4:00 while we are sleeping someone just walks right into the room, when they saw someone was in there they hurried out and slammed the door. My husband went and looked out in to the hall but didn't see anyone. At 4:30 I called for towels because we had dinner reservations and was told that the hotel did not have any towels available!!!! Are you kidding me? We had now been there three hours and still no towels? My husband ended up going out to Walmart and buying us some towels so we could take a shower.! The next day, we got up and went to breakfast and when we came back to gather our things we found that our key had already been deactivated and we couldn't get into our room! We had to go back down to the front desk, deal with a very rude young girl and get our key reactivated so we could get our things. As we were bringing out our bags through a side door we noticed a van parked with a little girl in the back seat crying. Now mind you, it's about 90 degrees outside and nobody is around the car. The littel girl is in there by herself. I went to the front desk to tell them and they said "She is the daughter of one of the people in housekeeping, she's fine" I said she's in the car by herself, i'ts hot outside and she is crying....once again I was told "She's fine". I was beyong appaled and will NEVER stay at this hotel again! There are plenty of other hotels right next to this one that look very nice and I am sure they have much better service.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TNroadtripper88

Reviewed March 4, 2009

Your hotel is very nice except the fact that the fitness equipment is not working properly. For those on business who would like to continue a work out each day this is very critical. Please go ahead an order new equipment per your staff comments. Remember if you advertise a fitness center then it should be working properly. Also please check TV and the missing controls. Thank you for your prompt response in this matter.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Seniorsitemanager
Reviewed January 25, 2009

This is an excellent hotel, especially for the price. It is primarily for business travelers, but we stayed there while in town for a concert. The rooms are very large and clean. The area is safe and the hotel is very secure. There are plenty of stores and good restraunts very close by. If I go back to Birmingham I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We stayed in the studio deluxe, room 234. We chose this hotel as it had a separate bedroom, convenient when traveling with a baby and small child. Our main complaint was that the room was right next to the hall's exit to the outside and every time someone came in it slammed loudly. With the sound of the A/C, we were able to sleep though. We had asked in our reservation to NOT be near a door or elevator, as I am a light sleeper. I'd suggest calling the hotel directly to make sure you don't end up in such a room if you are a light sleeper. When we asked for another room, we were told they were totally sold out. (It was Col. Day weekend.)My son liked the waffles we could make at breakfast. It was a convenient hotel for sites and shopping. My husband thought it was in need of some repair and maintenance throughout.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank EliseQ
Reviewed September 27, 2008

My wife and I just stayed here for one night while traveling, but we were both surprised at how nice the room was for the price. If I'm ever near Birmingham again, I will stay at this place.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 14, 2008

I will definetly stay at this location again. I was very pleased with the cleaniness of this location. The bed was so comfortable I want to pack it up when I departed. The only downside was the elevator, it takes forever and stops on every floor. The tub can use a little touchup paint too.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Stayed here for one night with a dirt cheap rate on the weekend. May have been the best place we have ever stayed for such an inexpensive rate. Room was very clean, bed was great. Had fridge and microwave, as well as a recliner and desk/table. Breakfast area was very large and clean as well. Only drawback..noisy toilets! (watersavers?) We will definitely stay again here when in the Birmingham area. Nice Hotel in all!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple