“Nice hotel with nice rooms! Definitely worth the price!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Ranked #20 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Wiggins, Mississippi
“Nice hotel with nice rooms! Definitely worth the price!!!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

When you arrive you can tell from the outside its a really nice hotel. The lobby was clean and the lady at the front desk was very friendly. Room is nice also. It's not huge but is it clean and worth the $78 a night. I would definitely recommend La Quinta Inns in Homewood,Al. They have a great breakfast set up in the morning starting at 7 am. There are lots of varieties of food to choose from and everything is very yummy! :)

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Broadway, North Carolina
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We get the military rate which is very good. You add to it that I have an 80lb German Shepherd and they didn't bat an eye, and my experience was great! You put on top of that, I was trying to check in for a WEEK's stay with an infant AND the dog, and I must have looked crazy, so they helped me to my room, and the hotel gets a FANTASTIC in my opinion. Clean, comfy, inviting. This is my go-to hotel when traveling by myself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Clean rooms, comfy beds, well stocked bathroom, nice TV and perfect air conditioner. And great value, very affordable. Pleasant, helpful staff. Full house on a Saturday night, but no excessive noise. So-so typical breakfast. Nice dining places near by. Would certainly consider if ever in the area again, good cost/benefit ration. For a great home cooked breakfast, run up to the Oxmoor exit on I-65, make a left, stay on Oxmoor and visit the Homewood Dinner. Would visit that again also....good, great food, service, atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Nice clean rooms.....Helpful staff......Good value.......Nice continental breakfast........Rooms are quite reasonable... ( Suggest booking on line 3 to 4 weeks out to save even more)...Taxes were about 20%...but la quinta can't control that......

Don B.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Denville, New Jersey
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I arrived with 2 little dogs and we were greeted warmly and were delighted to have a room with easy access to the outside. Staff were very helpful and friendly! Great experience!
The room was lovely and I especially liked the cabinet containing the micro and fridge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We reserved through Hotwire...never again. We entered the hotel late on a Friday night. The first thing we noticed was the elevator was dirty from top to bottom with spills dried in the walls. In addition, the elevator appeared very unsafe as it made the journey to the 4th floor huffing and puffing along. As we entered the room, we were happy just to be there. When I started unpacking bathroom items, I noticed spills down the bathroom door. Not exactly the kind of thing you want to see in a bathroom but I did chalk it up to the coffee maker being located on the bathroom counter. Then I noticed hair in the bathtub. Then I looked beside the tub.....big mistake! In the corners, located where the tub meets the floor, was all kinds of crud with hairs stuck all in it. A that moment I already knew I was headed to the front desk. Before I left the room, I decided to hang up some of my ironed shirts. When I opened the closet door I was amazed by the dirt, grim and spillage down the inside of the closet door! I talked to the girl at the desk and she assured me the situation would be handled in the morning. She left a note for the general manager to address. I addition, she assured me the manager would be in touch with us the next day. My daughter and I slept in one double bed and my husband in the other. The bed my daughter and I slept in was terrible! Springs were popping out everywhere with a huge dip in the middle. Due to the condition of the bed and our rowdy neighbors, it was after 2am before I was finally able to get to sleep. We left rather early (6:40am) the next morning for my daughters soccer tournament. When we returned to the hotel at 12:30pm, our beds were made, however the same filth remained. In addition, we had to ask for additional toilet paper because we only had 1/4 of a roll to start with when we checked in!!! Since we also had a late game Saturday and were only there basically to sleep Saturday night, I did not go back to the front desk to discuss the issue. I was exhausted from lack of sleep from the previous night and the long day. I admitted defeat but did make my husband sleep in the bad bed and our daughter and I slept in the good one. I did, however report the issues again when we checked out this morning. The lady at the front desk, who was obviously in a lot of pain due to the way she was stretching and making sounds, said she would let the head of housekeeping know about the issues. Gee, thanks. I have the GM's name of this location and I plan to call him tomorrow. Whatever you do, do not stay in room 412 at this location!! Oh! And beware of the carpet in the hallways. It is rippled and uneven due to who know what!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family