“looks like it's been through a war!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover
Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Hoover, Alabama
“looks like it's been through a war!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stay at La Quinta inn often.First room no a/c, back to front desk, move to another room. Smells bath floors sticky with shoes on, chipping walls, doors look if they were used for drums. Choose somewhere else... Many overherd complants at front desk.!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go to diffrent hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fast easy check-in, clean room with comfortable bed. Biggest drawback is the lack of places to eat in close proximity. You have to get back on interstate and drive up another exit to get to a restaurant (even fast-food)!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My first stay at this hotel went well and without any problems. That's the only reason why I'm rating this "average."
I called the front desk to ask about the air conditioning and the staff member asked if I brought a dog. I said yes and with an attitude, he said "Well you didn't tell me that. Pets aren't allowed on the first floor." First of all, I didn't know that and he didn't ask; next, I heard other dogs barking on this floor and said so. He said if I made sure my dogs kept it down I wouldn't have to move. I find it bad business that I would have to move on my own for their mistake since I checked "pets" on the online reservation. On top of that, the blankets on beds had holes in them and they were out of bar soap.
If it were just one of these problems, it would still have been an okay experience, but the combination of all three (along with one of my keys not working), led to a really miserable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Willofthewisp
Powell
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Booked this room on line. Arrived late at night. Room requested was smoking. Person on duty was nice, gave us our key and up the filthy elevator we went. Opened door to non-smoking room to see bed clothes bunched up on bed (looked like someone may have been under them), fast food cup on nightstand and lights on. Upon return to lobby, manager(?) apologized and said housekeeping marked room as clean. I reiterated that reservation also had been made for a smoking room.
Got to our "new" room and the door was cracked open. No one was inside and the bed was made so we put our stuff down. Bathroom was disgusting (urine stains down side of toilet and on floor). Carpet nasty. A few tiny bugs in bed. Slept on top of bedspread with clothes on and would not even shower in that skank hole.

Room Tip: Keep driving. This place is gross!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

All around clean and pleasant hotel; very friendly staff. Beautiful outdoor pool deck for those hot summer days. Rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. Didn't get a chance to sample the quality of the breakfast, as I slept in!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel is in a very good and convenient location. The rooms, serivce, and hotel staff were pleasant and it was very reasonably priced. Breakfast was good. I would recommend it and will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

pelham
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked a room on 8/13/12. I checked in at 3:51 PM and by 4:30 I was on my way to the hospital. When I called to explain to the desk clerk, he was very rude to me and told me basically I checked in so the $94.00 I spent is gone. I did get discharged by midnight, but I think that some compensation of some sort should be given besides for rude service. I used to tell my friends about this hotel, but it will never happen again. I have even called several times for the manager and cannot get a call back. This is very unprofessional service from a hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay there
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo