“Worst Hilton Experience I have ever had!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park

and 1 more site!
Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park
Ranked #32 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“Worst Hilton Experience I have ever had!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed at hundreds of Hilton properties as a Gold member but the customer service at this location is horrible. No breakfast coupons for Gold or Diamond members. You have to have their continental breakfast in the lounge. Every other Hilton I have been to at least gave you coupons and If you wanted a full breakfast you could upgrade for a couple of dollars. I asked for breakfast coupons upon check-in because my family prefers a full breakfast. The lady said she would send some up to my room. Morning came and no coupons. Went to the front desk and was told the lady the night before should not have told me I could have coupons. This Hilton is missing all of the little things that make your stay enjoyable. I will not stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DOS_Birmingham, Director of Sales at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Hello and thank you for your response. We do apologize for this miscommunication. Per the rules set by Hilton World Wide the continental breakfast is the standard for Hilton Honors members. However if you were told you were to have coupons or did attempt to upgrade to a full breakfast, this is our mistake. We have addressed this issue you and your family was faced and again we do apologize. Hopefully when you return to Birmingham you will give us another chance. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wow! What can I say about a staff that really cares about their clients and even knows their name when the return for a stay. I love staying here. Recently, I had a family emergency and came to stay for a couple of really hard days. It was great to stay in a hotel, on the executive level, where I could just stay in if I didn't feel like venturing out and the staff was amazing! The rooms are great and anything I asked for they didn't hesitate to help me with. Kudos to the customer service and I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I had stayed here before and liked the place. The staff are very friendly.Hotel is in great shape. Gym is very nice. Room was in good shape too. But the maid must have been asleep at the wheel. Found long hair that could only be left by the maid due to its location. Hair net. But the soap that was left over from the prior guest was a bit much. Speaks of not being observant. Maybe a rush job. No other issues.

Stayed February 2013
DOS_Birmingham, Director of Sales at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hello and thank you for your remarks. Without our guest sharing what he or she experienced we don’t know what we need to improve. We have shared your experience with not just our housekeeping team but our entire staff. We feel that it is important for everyone to learn. Once we shared your experience we implemented a “buddy” program to assist one another in each department. We can only support one another with another set of eyes. We do apologize for your experience but do want to thank you for your business and feedback. When you return we feel confident you will not encounter this challenge again. Thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest!
alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This Hilton is no doubt one of the very best service, location and most comfortable beds! I highly recommend even though I usually favor Ritz and Four Seasons, but this hotel meets those expectations! It is clean and friendly service and one that will please all. There is coffee in the lobby as well as one in the room. Laurie Beth checked us in and she could not have been more accomodating. Talked to Gregory, Reservations Manager, before arrival to make sure location of rooms good...he was very professional and assured that we would not be near an ice machine as requested as well as a high floor. Was not disappointed and an A+++! We even had a mini-refrigerator for our room which was an extra perk! Close, very close, to the best shopping in Birmingham~ a must stay!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a view and like the corner rooms!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! Both Gregory and LB are extremely pleased that they were able to go above and beyond your expectations. You are correct we do offer the best location in the city. Next time you come we can take you to the Summit for some shopping in our brand new courtesy van, which just arrived this week! Thank you again and we hope to see you return very soon! Safe travels…
Weaver, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Room and service was great. Traffic to get there not so great :( but hotel was wonderful and well worth the stay. I decide to have the room service for dinner, I have to say that was one of the best meals I've had at a hotel or anywhere else as a matter of fact. Would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in the Inverness Area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great location. Close to restaurants and Summit shopping. Felt safe. Room neat and clean. No refrigerator as expected. Did not know rooms came without one anymore. Needed one for medication but only for one night during a stop over and used ice bucket - worked fine. Just remember to ask for a refrigerator if you need one. Breakfast was very good and they cooked my eggs the way I wanted them but the items on the buffet were just good, nothing special. Staff at breakfast were very nice. Staff arriving were happy to see us and welcomed us home after leaving in the evening and coming back. It was a nice touch. Enjoyed the experience and will stay there again when traveling thru Birmingham.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Liz D
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very friendly and helpful hotel staff at all times! Met up with several girlfriends at a work event and we went out to dinner and socialized. The hotel driver couldn't have been any kinder or timely with his services. He was our designated driver and was fantastic!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business