“Updated, classy & clean”

Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park
Ranked #34 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Updated, classy & clean”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel has large, beautifully appointed rooms on the 8th floor (Hilton Honors floor). There is a HH lounge offering snacks and drinks which is a great perk. The lobby has been updated as was my room which was larger than normal with 40" flat panel TV. Beds are comfortable. Room was spotlessly clean and extremely quiet. My previous stay at this hotel was a corner room with all glass floor to ceiling corner window. Bathroom is small (it is an older property) but had updated fixtures. Buffet breakfast was very good. Staff was very nice. Plenty of free parking. Hotel gym is large has excellent high-end equipment. Elevator access to 8th floor requires room key card which requires you to be quick or the doors will close and you sit there until you get the card entered and select "8" floor.

Room Tip: 8th floor (HH level) has best rooms. Corner rooms have nice floor to ceiling all glass corner windo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DOS_Birmingham, Director of Sales at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Hello and Thank You for your kind remarks. The Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park is great! We are so fortunate to have established over the years a great team. Not only is it important to management but the entire team to truly understands and provide good hospitality, and this is what we strive for as a team. Thank you again and we look forward to having you again as our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
West Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I, along with our daughter and her boyfriend, attended a gaming convention in Birmingham held at this Hilton property. It's easy to find off the intersection of I-459 and US Hwy 280 (you can't get lost when you can see the building from the road). We arrived on Wednesday afternoon, July 25th, and checked in to our two adjoining rooms for five nights. The rooms were quite spacious and comfortable, the front desk staff very helpful and friendly, and overall the hotel was well-appointed. For this convention, it worked out very well and I hope we return there. It's also quite close to lots of shopping and restaurants, many of which can be reached without driving from the property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nsingman
DOS_Birmingham, Director of Sales at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. Our hotel’s location does make it easy to find from either direction off I-459. Not only are we easy to find but our surroundings provide something to do for anyone of all ages. The shopping center The Summit is less than 1 mile from us. The Summit provides 60+ stores, a movie theatre and a wide variety of restaurants from a simple sandwich to fine dining.

We enjoyed having the convention PlayOnCon with us this summer. I know the convention has been with various locations over the past few years but we heard from many of its members and they all enjoyed our 10,000+ sq ft in open meeting space, our guest rooms and of course our outdoor pool. We hope to have everyone return next year.

I will be sure to share your remarks without team members. We are very fortunate to have some a kind, professional team. We often celebrate with the team all the kind remarks we receive from our guests.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to having you return as our guest!
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here several days for business and was not disappointed. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the nights were nice and quiet. It was missing a TV channel list, "Do Not Disturb" door hanger, and a Bible; 3 things that make me really feel comfortable when I first get to a hotel room. The wifi, when it worked at all, was very slow.

• Stayed August 2012
DOS_Birmingham, Director of Sales at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Hello! I am so glad you enjoyed our beds! I do want to thank you for sending us your feedback, this way we are able to address issues good or bad. I will be sure to follow up with the information that was not placed in the room. I know it can be frustrating when trying to find a movie or your favorite show and you have no idea what the channel is. We want to make sure you always feel at home.

Thank you again and we hope to see you return soon!
Clayton, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel, though staffed by very helpful and courteous front staff, is not what you would expect from the Hilton name. For what you get, it is extremely overpriced. The hotel is OLD and only has a cosmetic face lift. The appointments are no better than those at hotels of half the cost. the walls are paper thin. It is VERY noisy. The ice machine didn't work. The cleaning staff seemed to be on vacation somewhere else. On top of this, there is typically a charge for internet access. cheaper hotels give it for free. What was I paying so much money for? I was extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Openco
Hello and thank you for your comments for your recent stay with us. I will agree with you, we do have a great, professional team that truly cares for all our guests. This is why your comments are so important to us. Without them we would not know what we can do to better service everyone.

You are correct our building is older. Depending on groups/organizations in the hotel noise can be a factor. I can flag your next reservation with us to be sure we accommodate you away from any groups we have in the house. I will address your remarks in regards to our housekeeping department, we do encourage our team members to address guests with hello, good morning ECT. The charge for internet service is based on brand standards, created by Hilton. Yes, some brands do include this service in guest room rates. The Hilton brand standard we follow does require a charge for internet service.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us your personal feedback. We will be sure to utilize this information to ensure all our guests enjoy staying with us.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very nice hotel. Beautiful from the outside and great views from the executive lounge. Staff is very curtious and friendly. Great access to a major road. Front desk staff was fantastic and helpful. Hope to return here on business again.

Room Tip: 8th floor rooms are very nice and close to the executive lounge
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mgobluebison
Hello and thank you for your remarks. We do have a great hotel and our team, well we could not ask for any better. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with them. So often these days’ people only hear about the bad but the good is just as important.

Please keep in mind in the future we do provide a shuttle service too/from the airport and any offices within 5 miles of the hotel. Please let us know if we can ever assist.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business two nights in June 2012. LoriBeth at the front desk was so friendly and made us feel welcome. The hotel was clean and nice but seemed a little overpriced. Our room didn't even have a microwave or refrigerator. The outdoor pool was also closed while we were there. They did have a nice fitness area. Overall, we were pleased and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear TNtravelfan067,

Thanks for your feedback! I just personally shared your comments with LoriBeth. She is one of our most recognized team members and was thrilled with the positive feedback.

It is true that our rooms are not equipped with microwaves or refrigerators as those are not standard amenities found in full-service hotels like our Hilton. We do have microwaves and refrigerators available for $10 each so when your travels bring you back through Birmingham, please let us know in advance that you'd like to have these in your room, and we'll make it happen for you.

I'm sorry that our pool was closed during your stay. There is a crack in the bottom and we were concerned that someone's foot may get hurt. We've now partially reopened the pool and have blocked off only that particular area. Several guests have since been in the pool with no issues reported. We plan to have it fixed very soon.

Again, thanks for the feedback and we look forward to your return very soon.

Director of Sales
bhmpp_ds@hilton.com
orlando, florida
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed for two nights (June 20 and 21, 2012). I am a Hilton Diamond member and found this hotel to be "average" except the fact that the employees were very professional and helpful. I concur with the recent opinion & observations of "Alabama Traveler ()" with respect to the soft beds, location near a very busy corridor and status and quality of the food on the executive floor. I will add that I found the breakfast fruit selection very nice and fresh as well as the choice of either grits or oatmeal. The only true reason that I rated this a 4 star was the caring nature of each and every employee I encountered during my stay. All exhibited an honest concern for my comfort even, as in the case with the soft beds, they couldn't offer me a harder mattress. I will stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing SOUTH..the rooms facing north face the very busy highway and if you are a light...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rggsquared
, Director of Sales at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Greetings, rggsquared! Thanks for your comments about your recent stay at our Birmingham hotel. We pride ourselves on the service our team members deliver, and it sounds like you weren't disappointed while you were here. They make sure our hotel and its guests are well-loved.

I appreciate you following up with me offline about your specific room so the situation with your bed may be investigated. The next time you're with us, please note that you'd like an especially firm mattress, and we'll coordinate with maintenance to see if we can make magic for you.

Again, thanks for the feedback, and we all look forward to your return. Take care!

Director of Sales