“FBLA State Competition”

Sheraton Birmingham
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The hotel was wonderful. Quiet and comfortable. You could take a trolley car down to the Five Points, you were right across the street from the BJCC and the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame Museum. Nice indoor pool, good room service (though slightly expensive).

Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
carrbur, Administration at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2010

It is always a pleasure to receive correspondence regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel. We are delighted to know you were pleased with our hotel. We value you as a guest and look forward to your return stay in Birmingham. Warm Regards, Hotel Management.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

arrived VERY late(1:00 A.M.) after late evening checking my daughter into University of Alabama. Big fan of Sheraton. Even bigger fan of Priceline(best deals)! I was disappointed in a few items. One- i was assured after calling a few days ahead of a king bed for me and my wife. Upon arrival was told that only two doubles were available. after emphasizing this to the check in clerk she kind of had a "so-sorry" attitude! two- bathroom was VERY small. although it met the "sheraton standard of quality", it only fit one person at a time. three- valet parking was twenty dollars. I've paid less at a 4 star! overall satisfied given the "bid" price from priceline. a little disappointed knowing the sheraton quality that me and my wife have grown to love

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

It is always a pleasure to receive correspondence from our guest regarding their stay with us at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel. We are delighted to know you were pleased with your overall stay. I reviewed your comments regarding your visit with us. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for not having your room type (king) available upon arrival. Unfortunately, parking is a separate entity from the hotel. All comments are shared with our staff in an effort to improve all guest experiences. We value you as a guest and hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Birmingham. Thank you again for your feedback.
Hotel Management

Reviewed August 15, 2010

The staff here needs to realize that when a hotel is as massive as this one, you can't just throw guests a key and be done with them. My boss and I spent 20 minutes searching for our room because the guy that checked us in was too busy to be worried about giving us directions to our room, he walked off before we could even ask him. Thankfully, a security guard witnessed us carrying around luggage and sweating. He helped us by giving us directions to our room. Finally, we made it to our room.
For close to 200 dollars a night, I don't know what I was expecting but I was expecting a little more than what we got. It was a room, granted a nice room but nothing nicer than other hotels I had stayed in for less than a hundred dollars. The beds were comfortable but the housekeeping left the beds frumpy looking. Although most hotels in the US has adopted societies technology by offering mini fridges, microwave, and free wifi- this hotel does not. Probably to force you to pay an unreasonable amount of money for room service or to eat at their resturant. They have WiFi but like everything else at this hotel..it will cost you, that is unless you want to walk 50 miles to the lobby and wait to use the internet there..I suppose this hotel does not feel it's guests are worthy of being able to search the internet in the privacy of their own rooms. Basically, it seems that the hotel does everything to keep you out of your room so you spend, spend, spend. No internet, and if you want to watch television..you only have about 7 channels to choose from. For 200 dollars a night, you'd think we could at least search the web or watch television in our room when we wanted. You can't even go to a vending machine..all of them were out of order...guess so you would have to pay 6 dollars for a drink at one of the shops.
Bottom line, it was decorated nicely but thats really about all I can say about it. Definitely not worth 200 nightly.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
carrbur, Administration at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2010

It is always a pleasure to receive correspondence from our guest regarding their stay with us at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel. We are delighted to know you were pleased with your room accommodation. Our staff takes pride in the level of service rendered to each guest. Unfortunately, there are missed opportunities. I do apologize for the lack of assistance needed to locate your room upon your arrival.
Not only do we offer the Link @ Sheraton to enjoy a leisurely experience while accessing the internet, we also offer complimentary, the Sheraton Fitness Program by Core Performance in our fitness center.
We do appreciate you as our guest and look forward to your return stay that you may experience the amenities of our hotel. Warm Regards, Hotel Management

Reviewed July 27, 2010

The Sheraton brand is always of good quality and this property is no exception. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and nicely decorated. We did not eat there. The prices were too expensive for just a quick bite. But there's a Subway right outside the front door. Parking was difficult.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest regarding their stay with us. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your room accommodation along with the service of our Associates. We value you as a guest and look forward to your return stay. Warm Regards, Hotel Management

Reviewed June 10, 2010

This is a typical conference hotel, with many many rooms, wide and long corridors, a huge atrium, and ditto parking garage. It's outside the city centre, but conveniently located next to the Interstate. Considering the size of the hotel I was amazed how quiet it was in the lobby; probably there was just no conference going on. Also in the free internet corner in the lobby there was barely a person (there is also free wifi in the lobby, but elsewhere in the hotel it comes at a steep charge). I really have no complaints about the rooms at all, but neither did they leave a lasting impression. This is a very acceptable hotel if you need a good place to stay, and are not in need of special luxury or atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
carrbur, Administration at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

The Sheraton Birmingham Team takes pleasure in receiving correspondence regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. We value you as a guest and look forward to seeing you again very soon for your next stay in Birmingham.
Warm Regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed May 29, 2010

Upon arriving at the Sheraton, I asked for two adjacent rooms since I was traveling with two small children. The woman at the desk was quick to oblige, but gave me two rooms that were down the hall from each other, even when I asked if she was sure they were adjacent (the numbers indicated that they weren't, so I asked). It took two more tries to finally get two adjacent rooms with one king in one and two doubles in the other (which she assured me was characteristic of all adjoining rooms). I was glad that it was finally straightened out, but traipsing across this LARGE hotel with bags and kids TWO TIMES was exhausting.

The room was well-appointed, but one of the shelves in the shower was covered with soap scum, a detail that one would think would be taken care of in a hotel with such a reputation.

Other cons include no free wifi and no television channels for children. I don't babysit my kids with TV, but would have liked to have had 15 minutes to take a shower while they watched.

Overall, it simply isn't a hotel for families with young children, but with the price I got on Priceline, it was a good value.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest, the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel takes pleasure in communicating with our guest regarding their stay. Feedback with regard of your experience, allow us to implement more adequate and incisive training of our staff. We are delighted to know you were pleased with your room accommodations. Unfortunately, there are missed opportunities in areas by our staff. We do take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. We value you as a guest and apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you again for your feedback and being a guest at the Sheraton Birmingham.
Warmest Regards, Hotel Management

Reviewed May 10, 2010

i had the best time at this hotel.. all the staff members where smiling and very nice. they tried to help you with everything. i would recommend this hotel to everyone i know. you didnt have to ask for anything, all the staff members where on there toes and helping you with everything before you asked. i love it and will return.. everything was VERY CLEAN

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business