Sheraton Birmingham Hotel
$100
$193
Cancelon
1,026 results
All reviewsconvention centerfreddy rivasspg memberthe club loungeattending an eventstarbucks coffeeself parkingdowntown areathe room was nicebjccjeffersonuptownfreewayalabama
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel on a couple of occasions. I have enjoyed my stay at this hotel due to the size of the rooms and its proximity to the convention center. The staff, while very friendly, are not the most skilled hotel service staff. The managers know what they are doing, but most of the staff at the front desk seem new to the game. The bed is comfortable and I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. There is a small gym and pool at the hotel as well. The gym is average. The self parking for the hotel is quite a nice long walk away from the hotel... it is indoors but its a nice hike. I did have a couple of problems while at the hotel and they were quick to fix the problem... nice job to the staff for fixing the problems.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
carrbur, Hotel Management at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feed back regarding your stay with us. We are delighted to know our staff engineered an enjoyable experience for you . Unfortunately, there are missed opportunities, but I am pleased to know our staff remedied the situations quickly. We value you as a guest and look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed November 15, 2009

Check-in and out was done efficiently and friendly. I'd booked this trip at the last minute and left work for Bham, and the clerk provided ample complimentary supplies for the morning ablutions. The room was clean, appeared recently renovated, and had a nice 12th floor view of the city. Parking at $12 was reasonable and as mentioned, there is a skywalk connecting the Sheraton to the parking deck via the convention center (the walk was 5 minutes max from room to car). Valet parking is available for $20/day. A large bottled water in the room was available for $2.50. Starbucks coffee setup in the room was free (along with tea as well). No minibar or fridge in room (you can rent a fridge for $25 for your entire stay upon request). I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
carrbur, Management at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2009

Dear Guest, thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton Birmingham and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Birmingham.

Reviewed October 28, 2009

Connected to the BJCC arena by indoor crosswalk. Restaurants on site with good food. Right off the interstate exit. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna. Small arcade, gift shop, free internet access on several computers set up in lobby area. I was in town for a concert at BJCC and the hotel was everything I needed it to be and more. Staff was very friendly and helpful also. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
It is always a delight to receive feed back from guest regarding their stay. I am pleased to know our staff engineered a wonderful experience for you. We value you as a guest and look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed October 24, 2009

This is a fairly typical convention hotel. Large, convenient to convention center. Nicely renovated lobby. My room was on the 3rd floor which was convenient as the workout room and pool were on the same level. Typical business traveler's room, updated with marble, dark wood, suede chairs, lots of lamps, but still looking a bit rough around the edges (ceiling tiles in bathroom chipped, trim pieces looking quite worn. Room was very warm my entire stay (2 nights). Male staff at check in was helpful; female staff at check out was not (tried to charge me for the room, which was prepaid). At the rate I paid, a good value but I would be upset if I'd paid the conference rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank dpenta

Dear Guest,
It is always a pleasure to receive feed back from our guest regarding their stay. I am delighted to know the location of your room to the fitness center, and the location of the convention complex were accommodating. Unfortunately, there are missed opportunities by our staff. I do apologize for the issue you had at check out. We value you as a guest and look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

Our family stayed two nights at this hotel. The service we recieved was exceptional. All of the people there were very friendly at the time. On a sad note, the check out bill was wrong but the service desk ladies did get it sorted out. But...they had still not taken care of the debit for over a week even though I called and left messages but not one returned my call. I had to get corporate involved and it did get sorted out. Over all a nice hotel... just wish we didn't have to pay for parking!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
carrbur, Hotel Management at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2010

Dear Guest, the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel takes pleasure in communicating with our guest regarding their stay. We are delighted to know you received warm, sincere hospitality from our staff along with good service. Unfortunately, there are some missed opportunities. We do apologize for your check out experience. All comments are taken seriously and shared with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Please know all your comments have been addressed. We value you as a guest and hope to see you soon for your return visit to our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and being a guest at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel.
Warm Regard,