“If southern hospitality is what you are looking for, look no further.”

Sheraton Birmingham
Ranked #32 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Sheraton Birmingham is comfortable and spacious both in the rooms and throughout the hotel. The front desk and concierge staff are friendly, helpful and accomodating. The bed was very comfortable, the room was very quiet and I slept well. The bathtub is almost deep enough. There is Starbucks coffee in the room and the little water bottles are actually free. The tables and chairs in the room give you plenty of space to spread out and work (or video chat with your family as I did when I was in my room). There are two restaurants in the hotel. One is very nice and serves delicious shrimp and grits and wonderful handmade dinner rolls. The other is more of sports bar where you can relax with a beer and a shrimp po' boy. The staff at both restaurants take a lot of care in demonstrating excellent customer service. The gift shop was convenient for forgotten toiletries and late night sweets and also Birmingham souvenirs to take home to the children. I was at a conference at the Sheraton and everything went very smoothly with meal, refreshment and tech set up and take down. There was always enough space and enough time and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Some rooms open onto the hotel's indoor courtyard and atrium. Some look out over the city. I enj...

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was driving back from my brothers basic training graduation and ended up stopping in Birmingham, Al. I had called at least 15 places to try and find a hotel that had an indoor pool that was open late. Unfortunately most of the hotels were booked as there was a soccer convention in town. I spoke to a reservation agent by the name of Jessica Neil, she was absolutely wonderful. I feel that she went above and beyond what was necessary. I work for UPS in Technical Support and I know how frustrating it can be to get someone who wants specifics and in the middle of the night (I work swing shift) She not only found most of the items i was asking but she booked the hotel when I was literealy down the street. I just wanted to say how thankful I am to have been conencted to Jessica Neil. She deserves major kudos. Im not one to give out kUDOS unless its very deserved, and she deserved it. Thank you Jessica Neil for great customer support!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Mark N, General Manager at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear AMANDA S,

Thank you for your kind words and 5-star review. It's always rewarding when the efforts of our staff help create a great experience for our guests. We are happy to hear that Jessica made your time with us memorable.

We appreciate your review and we look forward to hosting you on future visits to Birmingham, Alabama!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Birmingham last week for a Verizon event on April 24th. Ahmad S. at the Concierge desk was great. He helped me retrieve packages the night before the event then the following day helped me connect to your printer and print out shipping labels. He was very professional and a great help! Thank you Ahmad :)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

One thing stood out for me during my stay at the Sheraton, Curtis Jemison. He was working as concierge a few of the nights I was here and on one occasion, he went out of his way to recommend fun places for me to go and on the other occasion, he went above and beyond to make sure me and my group had a shuttle ride to and from dinner. The hotel was very busy running shuttles to and from the airport picking up a large group, but he made sure we were able to get to dinner and he was kind and funny the entire time. It was a pleasure!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room in the atrium tower. The windows face the inside so there's no natural lig...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Mark N, General Manager at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Kathleen R,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We’re so happy you enjoyed our friendly associates! We appreciate you taking time to recognize Curtis, who will be elated to hear about your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Birmingham!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I too have read some of the reviews on this hotel but came for a conference. I travel every week and what really makes a hotel and the hotel restaurants wonderful for me are the people. I had breakfast in the morning and Carolyn served me my breakfst with lotsand lots of hot coffee. Very nice and considerate. She wanted to make sure my breakfast was wonderful and she did. Later that night I did not want to go out, so I went to the same hotel restaurant and sure enough she was there. What a nice surprise. I knew my dinner would be great because of the service and nice staff. Thanks Sheraton. If all my servers were as nice, I wouldn't mind being on the road so much... it made my weekend work stay very nice!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear michelle T,

We look forward to welcoming you back and taking care of you again on your next visit to Birmingham! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. We’ll especially pass along your compliments to Carolyn! Thank you again for your review.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was hesitate about making reservations here after reading the reviews. I should have stayed somewhere else The guy at the check in desk is very impolite and tried to charge me for more nighst than I had reservations. No thank you glad you are here and have a pleasnat stay. We stayed two nights and received no maid service. I thought I was at a extended stay. Geez..
The parking garage is also very tight.
And yes their are plenty of staineded carpets.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear elvan,

We apologize for the disappointing level of service you received during your stay. We will like to address your concern, but will need more information from you. Please feel free to contact us so we can assist you. Additionally, please be assured that your comments were passed along to our Management Team so that we may improve our service in the future.

Thank you for taking to time to provide us with your review.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Thank you to Ahmad S at the concierge desk for going the extra mile to assure, as a new Starwood member, my stay was credited to my account number, he also called me with instructions on accessing the new Wi Fi. Thank you Sheraton Birmingham for adding Wi Fi to this location, and for hiring attentive and helpful staff members.

Dear Maria P,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We’re happy that your experience with us was enjoyable! It’s great to hear Ahmad was able to assist you and made such a wonderful impression. We’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to him. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Birmingham!