Sheraton Birmingham Hotel
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
$109
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$76
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$72
Hotels.com
$119
$199
$169
$129
$116
EmbassySuites.com
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$90
$86
$100
Travelocity
1,042 results
All reviewsconvention centerfreddy rivasspg memberthe club loungeattending an eventstarbucks coffeeself parkingdowntown areathe room was nicebjccjeffersonuptownfreewayalabama
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My stay at the Sheraton Birmingham was excellent & the staff was outstanding, the only regret I have is that I didn't get a Jr. Suite as promised but I later learned that the Jr. Suites were taken off the market. Roderick Lewis is a real Cool guy with a winning attitude & outstanding personality & he really helped me out a great deal. I locked my room key in my room & he gave me another room key without any hesitation. He is certainly destined for greatness & great promotion with his winning attitude & professionalism. Barbara Rodgers was outstanding as well she was very nice & helpful as well. Mr. William Carter had a winning smile everytime I approached the conceirge desk & he gave me good tips on where to go shop, eat & what to see in the Birmingham area. Last but not least, Mr. Freddy Rivas is a COOL DUDE & very friendly with a winning attitude & personality.

Kennard Murray- Dallas, Texas

Room Tip: This is a great hotel, very close to Downtown Birmingham
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My mom and I were traveling for business in Birmingham. Our stay at this Sheraton hotel exceeded all our expectations due solely to Jocelyn Stubbs at the front office. She checked us in, made us feel welcome, and was provided the most warm and welcoming reception my mom and I have ever had. Believe us when we say this because we've traveled across the country in almost all the 50 states, multiple countries in Europe, and even in Africa. From our trips, we've learned that a hotel can be as beautiful as you like, but if the service is lacking, the accommodations seem of average or even poor quality. Jocelyn Stubbs makes this hotel a home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Let me first say that I generally find positive traits in every hotel I stay at. I like to enjoy experiences. This, however, was nearly entirely negative.

Also, I never, ever write the amount I bid and paid on Priceline for a room. I hated this hotel so much I'll tell you that I bid $70 when the market rate for a no-refund standard room was $164. After staying here, I feel as though I overpaid by $30 - no exaggeration. 4 star hotel my #$@@.

First, after checking in, I was told I would park and then "take the elevator in the lobby right here to [my] room" - sounds so easy! However, I soon found that I had to drive around the hotel (which occupies an entire city block), past the next block to find the parking structure. After this joy ride, you pay $12 for the privilege of parking there. The trek back to my room was 14 minutes at a clip (I timed it). That is absurd. If you're going to have to walk that far with all of your luggage (and in my case, tech gear too) - you MUST warn guests that parking is so far away from the hotel. Additionally, you should offer them the opportunity to drop all of their luggage, etc. with the doorman, to avoid awkward treks covering 2+ sets of elevators, various ramps, multiple doors, etc.

Second, the young woman who checked me in was professional and efficient, but not friendly. I tried to chat with her about where to go nearby, how the hotel restaurants were... and got nothing. I couldn't be irritated though because she was probably tired from her voyage from the employee parking lot - god knows how far away it is.

When arriving on the floor my hotel was on, the first site that greeted me was a wall of peeling paint. Peering down into the atrium, it was an empty behemoth - the space feels very 1994.

After another short hike, I finally found my room. Side note: I was given a handicap room because they were supposedly out of regular king rooms. I highly doubt that. The hotel is HUGE and I saw - during my entire time at the hotel - less than 20 guests. Upon entering the room, I could only find one light switch, which was for the fixture by the entrance door that only dimly lit the entry area. It took an extended, diligent search to find more light switches located UNDER the bedside lamps and behind the desk for the desk lamp. (Of all my irritations, Sheraton staff, you really do need to do something about that. If an able-bodied person has that much trouble finding light switches, think of how much more troublesome it would be for someone with physical challenges.)

By this point, I won't lie, I was so irritated that my first thought was that I was going to log on to TripAdvisor and write a review. But wait! That requires internet. Oh, Sheraton, it's like you knew of my nefarious plot. I was even ready to pay your blood ransom prices ($9 for "lite" WiFi and $15 for the "big girl" variety, or so I presume) for 24-hours of WiFi in order to get this burden off my chest. However, the signal was so weak even when paying that I couldn't connect to the internet.

At this point, I'd worked up a nice lather about how much I hate this hotel. (For reference, I've stayed at hotels in developing countries where the roaches and spiders were nearly as large as my foot - happily - for several days. I wouldn't come back here if they PAID ME to stay here.)

I trekked downstairs to the lobby, where I was assured by the phone operator that the WiFi was functional.

But first, I stopped in the sports bar for dinner because I felt like a beer and some wings would make this review less biting. And I was right. My waiter, Kelvin, was great! Personable, helpful and nice. He was undeniably the high point of my entire Birmingham Sheraton experience. The hotel sports bar, by the way, has a lot of flat screens for game viewing. The beer selection on tap is dismal - just three beers (Yuengling, Sam Adams winter brew and can't remember). But, as Kelvin promised, the wings were decent and the service was very good.

I'll leave this review on that note because that's the high point of this visit.

Room Tip: If you're requesting a handicap room, ask where the light switches are - and any other relevant info - before you go up to your room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sheraton Birmingham in Birmingham, Alabama from November 4-7. The hotel was lovely. Our room was tastefully decorated, spacious and comfortable. Many hotels are lovely and comfortable. What made our stay really pleasant was the beautiful smile and helpful service of the woman who both checked us in and checked us out. Her name is Jocelyn Stubbs. The weekend we stayed at the Sheraton happened to be the same weekend as the Alabama and LSU game. Every hotel in the city was filled to capacity. Approximately 800 people checked in the Sheraton on Friday, November 4. Joselyn was checking us in when her computer froze locking our reservation out. She handled the situation with grace and courtesy, assuring that my husband and I were comfortable while the situation was rectified. Jocelyn never lost her composure even though it took about 30 minutes to resolve. She was gracious and wanted to ensure that everything was done to make our stay a positive experience. I salute the Sheraton for this great hire. I wish more companies would realize that the tone of your experience is often measured by the first and last person you encounter. Luckily for us, Jocelyn was that person.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Excellent service. We were here for 4 days and 3 nights. Everyone was helpful and very professional. We enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business