Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Kings Inn(Birmingham)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdouble treefive pointsmedical centeruniversity of alabamaparking garagewithin walking distancerooms are cleanbreakfast buffetnext morningfront desk staffbusiness tripwould stay here againthe room was nicestaff was very friendlyuabshuttlesurgery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Full disclosure, this was the first time I was in Birmingham so I don't really have much to compare it to. Its right on the UAB campus and you can walk to FivePoints South which has some interesting bars and restaurants. There is a pretty taxing walk up a steep hill to the top where you'll find a lot of stores and restaurants....(There is a great little Middle Eastern joint called Makarios Kabob right on the top of the hill on 20th st. same side as hotel, they had some seriously amazing Lebanese food...Check it out!) The hotel has a convenient parking garage with free parking for guests that you can access your floor right from the decks so that was very convenient. The hotel itself was pretty typical Doubletree, newish-modern decor and plenty spacious. Internet was $10 a day in the rooms but there is free wi-fi in the lobby and a lounge with tvs and a nice little bar. I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We were very pleased with the room. It fulfilled all our needs for a one-night stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2009

what a trip this was to be our wedding anniversary and what a way to celebrate . spouse was fortunate to be organ recepient

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I could'nt have asked for a better place to stay.We had a weekend stopover in Birmingham due to my husband becoming sick on the way back from our Florida vacation trip and having to be checked into the hospital for a couple of days.The hotel staff were so kind to us,giving my children and I cookies when we checked in and asking if there was any way they could help us.The room was very nice,the beds were great, and I felt safe staying there.They even had a shuttle bus to get us to the hospital so I didn't have to worry about finding parking for the car again the next day.My sons want to come back when we're not having a family emergency and I'm sure we will.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I was at the hotel for our mustangs across america tour. The people are very friendly, but my four favorites are Ann, Lashundra, Kiantka at the front desk and Ben in room service. They are very alert at what is going on at the hotel and can tell just about everything that goes on in the magic city. The bar is very nice but a little over priced. The rooms are not very clean but i think that is because of the lack of staff. The Bistro is great and i loved the breakfast. They have an wonderful fitness center with fresh fruit and bottle water. Also they have a great business center that has color printer and fax. They are are only three blocks for twenty restaurants and bars. the shuttle bus only goes to the airport and the medical center but they have a great transit system that only cost a quarter to ride and you can catch it right in front of the hotel and it will take you to the civil rights inst and many more places in downtown birmingham. The people are asume and the will go above and beyond to make you stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business