“Doubletree”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hotel has steadily declined - lobby has gotten shabby no nice centerpiece, no enough staff to check in the guests so there was long lines. rooms with twin beds is cramped, no microwave or refrigerator - clean up staff said that they had run out of clean towels

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank Faye A. S
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. I apologize that your experience with us was not exceptional. I would like to obtain more detail from you personally so that I can get feedback on ways we could have improved to make your stay more enjoyable. I'm not sure if you visited us on one of our sold out days as to why you had to wait in line but I would like to speak with you about it. You are a valued guest and feedback is very important to us. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel was nice. The room was very small but nice. But... the hotel is located near a complex of medical facilities and I'm guessing, a busy emergency room. Between 3 and 3:30 am I was timing the frequency of emergency vehicle sirens going past our room at less than 5 minutes intervals. Non-stop all night! We were on the 12th floor and they sounded as if our window was open. The morning after our first night, I asked at the front desk if a room on the other side of the hotel would be more quiet. The gentleman replied, "It's just the hazards of staying downtown". We won't be going back!

• Stayed: October 2013

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager at the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. I apologize that you didnt get a good night rest during your visit. I understand you are discouraged from staying with us but if you contact me personally I can help ensure a quieter room for you. Please contact me so that I may obtain more feedback from you. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I spent only one night at this hotel, and can offer that I had an ok stay. Nothing really to write home about, but no real problems, either. My room was large, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the shuttle service was good (certainly better than the taxi ride that I had to get there). If you have business in the area, you could likely do much worse than this hotel.

One thing, though: on the evening that I was there, I walked around the nearby Five Points area. Even though I walked in a well-lit and seemingly popular pedestrian area, I was accosted by a few persons (likely homeless) for money. While this event was certainly NOT this hotel's responsibility, I thought that I should offer this to anyone that wants to walk around to look for a restaurant.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. I am glad to know that you had a good stay but I would like to know what we could have done for you, so you could have had an exceptional stay. Your feedback is extremely important it allows us to know what we can do to make your stay more enjoyable. Please feel free to contact me so that we may talk about your next stay and I will be more than happy to assist in making your stay better. Thank you

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The staff of the Doubletree in downtown Birmingham could not be better. Very friendly, accommodating and helpful during check-in, throughout our stay and check-out was fast and easy. The attendants in the parking deck were always courteous and smiling upon entry and exit. The hotel is located in a safe part of town and is adjacent to UAB. This makes for a nice area to run or walk in the mornings. I appreciated the fact that one floor was a "Hilton Honors Floor". It is nice to know that being a member of one of the "points clubs"
actually counts for something. I usually stay at Hilton properties for this reason. The room was modern, clean and spacious with flat screen television, comfortable seating area and premium bedding. The water pressure in the shower was excellent and the bathroom was well maintained and impeccably clean. The fitness center is nice with modern equipment. In addition, the room service menu has a good variety but the hours are limited. Very nice hotel to stay in while visiting Birmingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor possible. Excellent views of Birmingham and the surrounding are...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. I am so excited to know you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel. I am glad to know that our staff consistently go above and beyond for you. I hope you come back to visit and if there's anything additonal I can do for you to make your stay more enjoyable, please let me know I would be more than happy to assist. I hope you come back soon to visit. Thank you.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel is clean and staff very friendly. They will go out of their way to make you feel at home. The breakfast is good and staff friendly. Always very helpful. I eat at bar most of the time and the bartenders Chris and Sue are excellent and will take good care of you. The rooms are clean and nice. The only thing is when you open the bathroom door, it hits the toilet. This is not a big deal to me. The bathroom is clean and updated. I come in town every week for business and will only stay at this hotel.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager at the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. Hi Ms. Peggy, thank you for coming back to visit with us and choosing the Doubletree. You are a valued guest and we appreciate you. We cant wait to have you back after the holidays. Thank you

Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you are in town for the medical facilities, the Doubletree has great shuttle service. The service has been readily available, the drivers are great, and the vans are clean. Other than the shuttle, there is nothing outstanding about this hotel. If it were not for the shuttle, we would stay elsewhere.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager at the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. It is good to know that you appreciate our complimentary shuttle. I would like to speak with you personally to see if there is something more we could do for you to appreciate other items at our hotel as well. Please contact me for your next visit so I can make your stay even more enjoyable. Thank you

Reviewed October 19, 2013

you never have to go outside to your car although there is a 10.00 parking fee. Its worth it. Its location is perfect for food selections if you do not want to dine in. Also if you like the night life, close

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hello,
This is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. I am excited to know that you had an opportunity to experience the city's 5 points south district with over a dozen restaurants and also several night clubs for nightly entertainment. I hope you come back to visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.