Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham
$151
$144
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$85
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$109
$129
$116
  • Pool
$100
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
All reviewsdouble treefive pointsmedical centeruniversity of alabamaparking garagewithin walking distancerooms are cleanbreakfast buffetnext morningfront desk staffbusiness tripwould stay here againthe room was nicestaff was very friendlyuabshuttlesurgery
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is a consistently good place to stay if at UAB hospital or university. The property is a bit worn, but rooms are very comfortable. The staff is exceptionally helpful, and is the best part of the stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. I am very pleased to know that our valued, loyal guest considers us consistently excellent. I would like to connect with you during your next stay so if there is anything you need you may feel comfortable in contacting me personally. I hope we continue showing consistent exceptional service to you. Thank you

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel is a great location if you are going to UAB. The price is reasonable and the hotel offers a free shuttle from the airport. I found they will also take you around town if needed. The hotel is right down the steet from 5 points so there are multiple restaurants within walking distance. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The room had a flat screen TV and the bed was very comfortable. The towels were also fluffy. They have another Hilton property that they are building a few blocks from this hotel. They also had a parking deck attached to the hotel. I did not eat at the hotel. Being close to the hospital, I often heard sirens.

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. It is so rewarding to know that we have treated a guest exceptionally well because that is what we strive for daily with our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle and the convenience of the 5 points south district that offers over a dozen restaurants. Its also rewarding to know that our staff was exceptional and showed you great service. I hope that you come back to visit and please feel free to contact me on your next visit so that I may try to make sure your stay is even more enjoyable. Thank you

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were given a room at the end of the hallway on the 3rd floor. We got to the room and it wasn't made up. My husband was overloaded with everything he was carrying. The gentleman who checked us in even commented on it. I was obviously in pain and was walking very slow and with a limp. We went back to the front desk and was assigned another room. We were not offered assistance. We were simply told "this one should work." Then we were put by a noisy family in the middle of the hallway. We were told our truck would only fit on the first floor of the parking garage and we should probably park in overflow parking outside. That wasn't a problem but everytime we needed to leave or return we had to find someone to lower the chain so we could get in or out. They were in no hurry. The front desk seemed irritated. They asked "are you sure no one's out there? They should be? Can you look and see. I'll call someone if they aren't" Then when someone was called they walked so slow. I was expecting someone to sprint like a valet. I expected someone to indicate that my time was important. No. What they were telling me was that I was an inconvenience and I could wait. This happened THREE times!!! Last but not least I was anticipating that cookie upon arrival. It was warm and smelled delicious but it was tasteless and stale when I bite into it. Very disappointing experience. We will not be back to this location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. Your feedback is extremely important and it helps us improve our service to you as our valued guest.Which is why I would like to connect with you personally or please contact me personally concerning your last stay. I dont want you to be discouraged from staying with us again and this is not our normal standard of customer service. We typically strive to be exceptional with our customer service. So please, I invite you to contact me personally so that I may be able to get more details concerning your stay. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The pool was tiny, my room was tiny and smelled like mold, they charge for internet after you pay an outrageous price for the stay. When I went to breakfast no one was there to seat me. Finally I asked someone where I was supposed to sit and she seated me then Breakfast was $16.00 for two pancakes and two pieces of bacon, way TOO expensive. Cookie was not offered at check in.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I would like to speak with you personally about the concerns you experienced during your stay. Your feedback is important and you are a valued guest so it is important for me to get a better understanding of how we could have made your stay more enjoyable. I hope you are not discouraged from staying with us again. Please allow me the opportunity to speak with you so that we may improve to better serve you. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is the perfect location if you plan to tour. Hotel was very clean. My only dissatisfaction was that my key never worked, forcing me to return to the service desk for reactivation. Bathroom lighting was horrible, way to dim and cozy, and didn't like being charged $30 at check in for incidentals (just in case). Bed will give you a great night sleep!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Alabama. I am glad that you were a guest of our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit anytime and when you make your reservation you may contact me personally so if there 's anything I can do to make your stay better I would be more than happy to assist. Thank you