“i have had better service and experience overall at a 2 star hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
empire, alabama
“i have had better service and experience overall at a 2 star hotel”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

the room was very small, there was no microwave did not receive wake up call as requested. for double bed room the cost was almost $200 i have had a better experience paying half that amount. Please save your money and stay at a different hotel. I have stayed at many hotels and this has to be one of my worst experiences. I asked for a room on a high floor for my 4 year old son to have a good view and the view was terrible.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel and save your money. rooms cost way more here and you could have a better...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager at the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I do apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay. I would like to speak with you directly about your experience because feedback is important to us and as a guest your thoughts are valuable as well. Please contact me at the hotel( 205-933-9000) so that I can know how we can make your next stay exceedingly enjoyable. I hope to speak with you soon. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Mary Esther, Florida
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our stay has been very satisfying on all the "Amenities" and the location to UAB was favorable to us. Highly recommend !!!
The staff was always there to please us. The Security was also a plus to us ,even in the parking garage ,which is convenient to our rooms.
This is where we stay anytime we are in the area.
The lounge is kept well maintain and staff is friendly.
Everything is there and well managed.

Room Tip: They have rooms to accommodate any preference, just inquire .
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager , it is so exciting to know that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you come back and see us and when you do please contact me personally because I would love to know if there's anything I can do to make it even more enjoyable. I am also pleased to know you enjoyed our convient location to UAB and to the 5 points district that have over a dozen restaurants. I hope you come back and visit and I hope to meet you during your next visit. Thank you
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Old hotel in downtown Birmingham.... SMALL rooms.... musty smell...
ON TOP of your $145 a night bill... you have to pay an ADDITIONAL $10 to park....
Next time... BRAND NEW Residence INN Marriott Across the street...
I'll be there ! ! !

No More Doubletree!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager at the Double tree hotel and I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We are a downtown hotel so parking is limited and the hotels in our area including across the street, charge for parking. But, I can help ensure your stay will be better. I can personally inspect your room and help to get you a good view. Please give us the opportunity to provide you with a more comfortable, exciting stay. If you contact me personally , I can surely help make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Worst customer service in my life. No eye contact from employees who seemed annoyed that we were even checking in. Sounded like there was a bar fight next door starting at 3am and when the "manager" sent their rent-a-cop to "check it out" (after a lot of convincing/pleading on our part) the cop walked into the privacy room down the hall, refilled his coffee, walked back and said all was well. Never have I encountered a hotel staff so smug and rude, and downright resistant to its customers. I'm very disappointed, and will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
medwards1978, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, front office manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I want to thank you for your feedback because we do appreciate it whether its positive or negative. We want to better provide you exceptional service and the only way to accomplish this is by recieving feedback from our guests and making improvements accordingly. But, I would extend to you an invitation to contact me personally so that I may speak with you in more detail about your experience because this is extremely unfortunate. This is not our normal standard of service, typically, we pride ourselves on giving the best customer service. I apologize for the service you recieved and I will definitely start immediately reinforcing corrective behavior techniques to help ensure you or any other guests will not have to experience negative service . You may contact me by calling the hotel and asking for me personally. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Irvington, Alabama
Reviewed December 7, 2012

great property located across from UAB Medical Center & within walking distance to 5-Points restaurants (also try local Becky's South on University Blvd for inexpensive breakfast). our room was on the 1st-floor, clean room, comfy bed, amenities-> we especially liked the Wolfgang Puck coffee maker.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager at the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I am happy that you stayed with us and even more happy that we made you happy during your stay. If you come back please contact me personally. I love speaking with our guests to see what could we do to improve and make your stay better than the last or just what could we do to make it great whether you've stayed with us or not. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Good location near the med center and university. Hotel is somewhat out-dated but our room was very nice with a slight smell of disinfectant. We were upgraded to a nice room on the main floor with a walk-out to a nice patio.

• Stayed November 2012
Hello,
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we are constantly making revitalizations to the hotel so that it can be wonderful for our guests. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your room and I hope you come back and visit please contact me personally. I would like to know if there is anything additional you may need to make your stay even more enjoyable.
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I stay here at least once a month at the expense of my employer. It is a great location with wonderful staff always working to make each stay a nice one. Out the front door up the hill to the pedestrian street there is a latin restaurant, thai/sushi bar, and barbecue.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank celeste652
Hello,
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and the area that we are located in. We make sure we give our guests options and it is a joy to let our guests know of all the great choices for restaurants that are only a few blocks away from the hotel. We certainly want to make every stay full of options,very convient and, of course, enjoyable. Thank you and I hope to meet you soon.