“The Perfect Host Hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
“The Perfect Host Hotel”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I attended a softball tournament in Birmingham, AL over Easter Weekend and was a guest a the Doubletree Hotel Birmingham. The staff was very friendly and made the check-in process very smooth. I didn't have stand in line too long before receiving my room key and a warm cookie. The rooms were clean and kept tidy as we were out for the day. It was perfect to come to a clean room after a long day and be able to rest up in comfort. I would definitely come back to this hotel again for another visit in Birmingham.

Room Tip: Get a room above the third floor. I heard that the street noise was louder on that floor than the e...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree hotel by Hilton in Birmingham, Alabama. We appreciate you staying with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you come back and visit and if you do contact me personally so that I may help ensure your stay is even more great and enjoyable and I will be sure to accommodate you with a room on a higher floor. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Abbeville, Alabama
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Let me start off by saying I always enjoy staying at Doubletree Inns; I usually search for them. One of my favorite Doubletree is at Disney in Orlando. Every room is a suite. However the Birmingham property needs work. Someone needs to invest a few dollars in this property and update the hotel. The staff was great, and the rooms were okay but the public areas need attention. It's a good location, great parking but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree hotel. I am glad to know that you did enjoy your stay and enjoyed the fact that our hotel has a great location. We have already completed some new updates with our hotel. We have had our carpet revitalized and we have already put brand new flat screen tv's in some of our rooms and completion with all the rooms will happen this month. Also, our business center is getting updated this month as well. So some exciting things are happening and I hope that you are able to come back and visit to experience it. And I do hope you are able to come back and visit.
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed April 2, 2012

It was difficult in locating a hotel. I was quoted one price and charged another, If you are going to upcharge you need to let the customer know. The room was clean but for the price needed updated, Even the television was an older model.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree hotel. I do apologize about the misinformation with your price because it is not a normal practice to up charge. Also, as we speak we are getting in all of our rooms new flat screen tv's. Also, I would really like to speak with you regarding your stay. I would like to connect with you about the details of the situation and maybe we can get a better understanding of the situation. I hope this doesn't discourage you from staying with us again. But, I hope to speak with you soon. Thank you
Belleair, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2012

A free shuttle from the airport was a great start for this hotel's offerings. When I checked in, the desk staff was pleasant, and handed me a local grape soda and cookies (in addition to the regular Doubletree chocolate chip cookie). My keycard/room key did not work on the first try, but a desk staff member accompanied me on my second attempt and shared (without asking) a lot of interesting things about the city and what to see and do. The room was a standard room and it was nice and quiet. I would stay here again. Thanks for the southern hospitality!

Room Tip: High floor has a good view of the city.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed everything during your stay. I am also glad to know that our staff members offered you information about the city and things to do. Especially since we are only a couple of blocks from the 5 points district which offers numerous restaurant choices and social areas for night activities. Also, just barely 2 miles away is the civil rights district that gives information on historical events that occurred in Birmingham. I hope that you do come back and visit and I appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Every staff member offered different answers to our requests, there were constant up-charge requests - all of them differed from the Doubletree website. I'll be back to Birmingham, but I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: The facility is fine, but avoid the place - the staff will make a significant impression ....
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree hotel. I sincerely apologize about any miscommunication that may have occurred during your stay. I would like to speak with you about the details of your stay because our goal is to ensure our guest are knowledgeable about the hotel and the city. Perhaps speaking with you will allow us the opportunity to clarify any confusions in hopes you wont be discouraged from staying with us again. I do hope to speak with you soon. Thank you.
alabama
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Stayed at this property on a Sunday night for an early morning appointment at UAB Hospital. Property was clean and the staff were all very nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree in Birmingham, Al. I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff exemplified great service. It is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback especially when its concerning our customer service because we take pride in giving the best customer service. I do hope you come back and visit. Thank you
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed here on an overnight. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. My room had an adjoining door, and I could hear the person next door. Thank god they were relatively quiet, or else I would have had trouble sleeping! I'd ask for a room that does not adjoin another.

• Stayed December 2011
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, front office manager, from the DoubleTree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I would like to thank you for staying with us and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The beds are our signature mattress called sweet dreams and we have had many guest that love the beds. But I hope you come back and visit. Thank you